Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Yes, I got the admin logons. To make these changes I need to be able to add some files so for that I need an ftp account.

kairey Friend

PM sent….

Phill Moderator

I have replied to your PM.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for the updated ftp details.

I have applied the files that were missing. Hopefully you should now be able to see your themes.

kairey Friend

Tx Phil

…but whilst I can see them in the theme settings and change them, nothing happens at the front end?

Cleaned cache etc but all the missing ones that are now there just appear as the plain black template whichever colour is picked.

For clarification http://www.medboat.com is what I want to get back to and can’t….

Phill Moderator

I have set it to that theme for you.

kairey Friend

Strange if I view it in IE and Chrome the background image is there….

However if viewed in Firefox it isn’t despite cleaning cache and refreshing several times….

Phill Moderator

Clear your cookies in Firefox. It is displaying fine for me in FF

kairey Friend

Done that several times………still plain black, obviously browser as it is displaying in IE and Chrome!

Just a quick side track what are your thoughts on using cache in Joomla? Is it really quicker as mine seems better without in turned on, page caching via the plugin seems like the best for me. Just wondered about your thoughts that’s all….?

Tx Phil!

kairey Friend

Cheers, going to run it with just the page cache and see how it goes for now….

kairey Friend

Okay background now works in Firefox but what the heck is this and its appeared in the latest version of Firefox!

1. WHAT
    Phill Moderator

That shouldn’t happen. I can remove that feature which is designed to detect IE6. It is not happening im my copy of FF but it is simple to disable if you want me to.

kairey Friend

Oh just switched the site over so FTP and everything has changed, can you send me a how to do it or a link to the answer in the forum?

Dam message keeps coming up on the home page for me!

Phill Moderator

No problem

Open the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>blocks>ie6>ie6warning.php and find the line below

[php]define (‘SHOW_IE6_WARNING’, ‘close’);[/php]

and change to

[php]define (‘SHOW_IE6_WARNING’, ‘none’);[/php]

Phill Moderator

No problem

Open the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>blocks>ie6>ie6warning.php and find the line below

[php]define (‘SHOW_IE6_WARNING’, ‘close’);[/php]

and change to

[php]define (‘SHOW_IE6_WARNING’, ‘none’);[/php]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum