Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m working on a classified website. this is my PC and full screen layout : placedevillejuif.wytaa.fr

I’m satisifed with this and I want to keep this layout but I also want to have a second layout for mobiles.

I draw what I want on Photoshop, this is the template I would like :
    fotoforum.fr/photos/2014/11/13.4.png

Can you please explain how to create and manage 2 versions of layout with puresite template for tjis kind of component ?
    thanks and regards,
    Franco

Adam M Moderator

Hi Franco,

I checked your site here in mobile device but didn’t see any problem as it looks good, could you please confirm your status or clarify a little bit so I can assist you better ?

fdussaussoy Friend

Hi Adam,

You’re right there’is no problem but I want to change mobile layout and keep full screen layout as like it is actually. look at my explanation :

I want to do this for mobile layout (resize image, change column order and fields order), like this :

thank you for your help !
    🙂

1. 17.0
    2. 13.4
    3. Sans-titre
    Adam M Moderator

Hi,

In this case, please temporary disable CSS compression (in Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> switch to tab T3 Options) then let me know. I need to take a closer look at the code in order to provide your CSS style for this part.

fdussaussoy Friend

Hi Adam, it’s done. I’ve disabled CSS compression.

Please find below more details of structure :

I’m using “jom classifieds” component and a file called “default_list.php” to retrieve datas and load them into a html table.
    I’ve made an override of this file in “/templates/ja_puresite/html/com_jomclassifieds/adverts” directory, so that I can modify order of content.

This component is using “jomClassifieds.css”. This path’s file is “hard coded” in “/components/com_jomclassifieds/jomclassifieds.php” like this :

[PHP]// Load CSS & JavaScript
    $document = JFactory::getDocument();
    $document->addStyleSheet(JURI::root().”components/com_jomclassifieds/css/jomClassifieds.css”, ‘text/css’, “screen”);[/PHP]

So administrator of this component told me it wasn’t possible to override css.

I also see that in “default_list.php”, there is a “addStyleDeclaration” block :

$style = '@media (max-width: 760px) {

div#jomclassifieds tbody .imgcol:before, div#jomclassifieds tbody .titlecol:before {
    content: "";
    }
    div#jomclassifieds tbody .pricecol:before {
    content: " '. JText::_('PRICE').' ";
    font-weight:bold;
    }
    div#jomclassifieds tbody .datecol:before {
    content: " '. JText::_('DATE_ADDED').' ";
    font-weight:bold;
    }

}';
    $document->addStyleDeclaration( $style );

?>

I hope this will help you ? Do you think we can transfer jomclassifieds.css code in template css code ?

Thank you again for your help

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

There’s no need to extract code from jomclassifieds.css to the template, just open file root_folder/templates/ja_puresite/css/template.css and add this code at the end of file :

@media (max-width: 760px) {
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview tr:after {
    content: "";
    display: block;
    clear: both;
    }
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td {
    border: none;
    width: auto !important;
    }
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.date,
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td:before {
    display: none;
    }
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.imgcol {
    float: left;
    }
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.imgcol img {
    position: static;
    max-height: none;
    }
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview .imgblock {
    height: auto;
    padding: 0 !important;
    }
    }
    @media (max-width: 480px) {
    #ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.imgcol {
    max-width: 40%;
    }
    }

Save your file and recheck.

fdussaussoy Friend

Quite perfect !

I’ve just lost “date column” (the first one before image) and I would like to change size font of listview H2…
    Is it possible ? How to do this ?
    Last thing, can you explain to me what is ” @media (max-width: 480px) ” ?

Thanks a lot
    🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

So you need to look for this part in previous code :

#ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.date,
    }

then update a little bit as below :

#ja-content #jomclassifieds .listview td.date {
    float: left;
    }
    }

The code to change product title (h2) is as below :

div#jomclassifieds .listview h2,
    div#jomclassifieds h2 {
    font-size: 20px; /* you can use this property or remove it if you don't want to change the font-size */
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; /* you can use this property or remove it if you don't want to change the font-family*/
    }

Last thing is the @media query, the max-width indicate that custom CSS code inside will be used only when the viewport of device is smaller than 480px.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum