Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am trying to set up a multilingual site using standard 2.5 functionality with the JA Rasite template. I have been working through a good resource (“Multilingual Joomla 2.5 Webinar” on YouTube) but have encountered 2 difficulties specific to the T3 Framework and JA Rasite template that I need help with please:

1. Multilingual Mega Menu Main Menu in T3? As it is not a standard Joomla module I am unsure how to proceed? I am using the mega menu option setting in the template set-up. Do I need to create a second template for another language? (if so how?), OR create separate profiles (if so how?) OR change the Language and Page Assignments settings somehow (can’t find comprehensive guidance on this?). This site will have many languages, at the moment we are translating it to ES.

2. Language switcher module. Please how do I insert this at the top of the site? My Rasite template does not have positions relating to top.absolute or top.top-panel available through the administrative backend.

Apologies if I am covering old ground but I have spent 2 hours+ trying to find the answers on the forums and in the user guide.

Thanks

swissa Friend

Hi

Megamenü works fine with multi-language. You just have to approach it a different way. You need to make a new profile. I suggest that you make one for each language just so that you have some order and it makes it easy to see where you are.

In first image you see I have picked englisch menü. If you follow down you see that in ‘Menu Settings’ I have Menu Type “Main Menu”

Look at the swiss profile and you see that I have chosen Hauptmenü

So we have different menüs for each language. Now we need to assign these menüs to the language. This is done with Language & Page Assignments.

As you can see you just pick language and then click the relevant profile. Make as many as you need! 🙂

Don’t you have top-panel in Rasite? Just try typing that in to the position – you don’t have to ‘click and pick’.

I’ve requested JA to include a language position for EVERY template they make. I’m sure they are listening!! 😉

1. englisch
    2. swiss
    3. assignments
    benk Friend

Magnificent. Thanks, all seems to be working fine after following your instructions. I suggest this is added to the User Guide !

Manos Krokos Friend

swissa, thanks for the info but I tried everything you suggested but the greek and english menus are not showing at all… just the “home” default homepage item from the main menu for ALL languages which is unpublished. I have created two other menus, one for greek and one for english language, with different content assigned to each language and two separate and published menu modules. Still nothing. I also did what you suggest but still nothing.
    Any hint, pls?

swissa Friend
    Manos Krokos Friend

I got it! Thanks!

The problem was that the profile setting for each language’s menu was not saved for some reason. It’s working now. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos Krokos 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum