Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I need to have a 3 level menu, but I have a problem, maybe because I`m new using joomla.

I want a structure menu like:

level 1
    level 2
    level 3

Top menu show everithing ok, with visual efects, etc,.but the left menu show level 2 and 3 as the same level. They don`t have visual diference.

So, what I`d like to do is to show:

On top menu

level 1
    level 2
    level 3 (maybe, not necessary)

On left menu
    level 3

In the left menu I don`t need to show level 1 and 2. so I create a new menu, with just level 3 but when I click in the link on this menu, the top menu lost the visual indication and the path line also lost the information level 1 – level 2 – level 3.

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

<em>@JAugusto 47605 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    In the left menu I don`t need to show level 1 and 2. so I create a new menu, with just level 3 but when I click in the link on this menu, the top menu lost the visual indication and the path line also lost the information level 1 – level 2 – level 3.
    </blockquote>
    May be you set link for third level items is not right. pls check it again.
    Regards.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

<em>@JAugusto 47605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Top menu show everithing ok, with visual efects, etc,.but the left menu show level 2 and 3 as the same level. They don`t have visual diference.
    </blockquote>

To make defference between level 2 & 3 pls add this code in to template.css file:

ul.menu li li li{
    padding-left: 15px;
    }

jaugusto Friend

It`s perfect now.

I just want to know if it`s possible to include the name of the level 1 option that visitor chose as the name of the left menu. In general this name is allways the same. For example:

Top menu: Windows – Mac – Linux

Left Menu title: Linux
    softwares
    news
    ….

Notice that I don`t want to show the first level menu on the left menu.

Thank you.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

to set defferent item menu in top menu, you can set another menu for top menu instead of main menu.
    Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nam Nguyen Phi 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum