Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

4k is now going mainstream and I noticed that JA templates aren’t 4k ready.

When are you guys going to update the templates to make them 4k and when are you going to start releasing 4k templates???

Let’s stay ahead of everyone else!

Thanks,
    Richard

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    What do you mean about 4k template ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@jooservices 467213 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    What do you mean about 4k template ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi there,

I mean that the template should be designed within the resolution 3840px x 2160px it’s also known as ultra HD. I’ve had a look at the templates on my new monitor and they all look skinny because they are generally 1200-1600px width.

The whole web will need making 4k ready because it’s mainly been designed with 1080p in mind. Even FaceBook looks awful in 4k, see screenshot below.

So hopefully JA can be ahead of the trend and lets be the first to adopt 4k as native resolution for templates

Also there are at least 3 smartphones that use 4k displays, so it’s not just for desktop users!

Thanks,
    Richard

PS – You might need some new monitors for your staff, here is a link to a 4k monitor on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6PB2MW3951

1. ed3ca5d68c
    jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Actually you can customize bootstrap for that size 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@jooservices 467217 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    Actually you can customize bootstrap for that size 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi Viet Vu,

Yes I have 4k’d a couple of the sites I have, but wouldn’t it help and save a lot of time if you guys could just design templates within this resolution. As you say it’s not too difficult so there’s really no reason why you should not be doing this.

Here in the UK most homes will be using 4k devices by the end of the year 2015, so if we aren’t prepared for this resolution then it’s only going to cause problems and more posts from JA members asking for 4k templates.

Thanks,
    Richard

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    We are using Bootstrap as base framework.
    It’s mean all size can configure via less file. It also supported for responsive

For sample you can set
    @screen-lg with value 4000px instead 1200px

http://getbootstrap.com/customize/

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Viet Vu,

So you are saying basically we will have to do this ourselves, such a shame, none of my ideas or suggestions are never taken on board. It’s really disappointing when the suggestions are valid, just wait and you will see more people asking you for this.

That’s like going to a restaurant and asking for a glass of orange juice and them saying, you go squeeze the oranges and pour it yourself!!!

As you know it’s so easy, I don’t understand why you expect us to make the changes ourselves.

Thanks,
    Richard

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Sorry because this misunderstood.
    But all of i mean is … everything is basically. We have templates released but users can change into their own way (user customized ) with very simple way on less.
    We are under responsive.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@jooservices 467364 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    Sorry because this misunderstood.
    But all of i mean is … everything is basically. We have templates released but users can change into their own way (user customized ) with very simple way on less.
    We are under responsive.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi Viet Vu,

So you are going to start releasing templates that are 4k ready?

It’s really important that you guys start doing this!

I have done it myself on existing templates, but you should stay ahead of the game and release 4k ready templates, I’m not 100% sure but you’d definitely be one of the first sites to do 4k ready templates for Joomla!!!

Thanks,
    Richard

mrrise Friend

<em>@jooservices 467222 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    It’s mean all size can configure via less file. It also supported for responsive

For sample you can set

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi
    Richard is right. To make it full responsive in 4K, you need to make a new @screen size.
    Fx: @screen-xl for screens bigger than 3000px

/Mikkel

mrrise Friend

<em>@jooservices 467222 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there

For sample you can set

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi
    Richard is right. To make it full responsive in 4K, you need to make a new @screen size.
    Fx: @screen-xl for screens bigger than 3000px

/Mikkel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mrrise 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum