Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I suggest that joomlart maybe can refer to the best 50 websites 2007 in order to improve joomlart templates. So that every members in joomlart get benefits.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/0,28757,1633488,00.html

Thanks!
    Kent

sunrise Friend

Thanks for the link Kent. Very interesting and great way to see what other appreciate or don’t want in a site, A good way to find out what to do or not todo on a website. Clicking on that link should be worthwhile for most.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

No problem. I do it for all members. 🙂

scotty Friend

Notice how many of the top sites, BBC, Facebook, Craigslist, IMDB, etc use minimal styling. NO fancy javascript, NO image backgrounds, NO colour options, NO collapsable modules or other pointless gimmicks. And also that there are very few images on the pages of all these sites.

They must all have read mj1256’s excellent post [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/my-rule-number-4-the-4-bs/

sunrise Friend

Thanks for the link to mj1256’s excellent post. I read the other 3 as well. Great advice.

The lines i liked the best were:

put that time into content, descriptions, tagging, titles, etc.

and

you see….its all about the message and how fast you can get that message across.

Somtimes, at least for me, it’s easy to forget and I get stuck trying to change all these unimportant details. Thanks for the reminder.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@scotty 93814 wrote:</em><blockquote>Notice how many of the top sites, BBC, Facebook, Craigslist, IMDB, etc use minimal styling. NO fancy javascript, NO image backgrounds, NO colour options, NO collapsable modules or other pointless gimmicks. And also that there are very few images on the pages of all these sites.

They must all have read mj1256’s excellent post [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/my-rule-number-4-the-4-bs/

Yes, 100% agree with you. And I really support a good websites, content of websites always the main thing we should focus on. Only great content of a website will lock your fans. 🙂

kemcoi Friend

Good, i think ….

mj1256 Friend

One can tell the masses the secret of life

97% will not understand it and reject it
    3% will understand and accept it and do nothing
    3% of the 3% will implement it

which is why we have so much failure in the world

I have presented some of the sites on the top 50 list as examples,and they were rejected by clients, yet, somehow, the sites on the list are continually on the top 50 list and the clients site never makes it there.

ah…DUH!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum