Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Site: http://www.kimberleycrossman.co.nz/index.php

Site above, how do I add the navigation icons to ‘pinned’ note top right above the Fast Fact module? And if I dont want those icons can I just add text? How do I do that?

Also, as you can see, I am trying hard to modify this template and am making a total hash of the top menu and graphic logo.

Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated. I am a newbie so any instructions would be great step by step would be great 😀

Thank you

emrfixit Friend

Place your menu item in user 3 position. If you change the position of “top menu” to user 3 it will show up there…

Hope that helps, cute web site..

2nd part, try to limit you menu items. group some together so you dont get the over flow, it will prob. look better. For ‘main’ menu items, try to keep the items to two words or less…

lans Friend

<blockquote>2nd part, try to limit you menu items. group some together so you dont get the over flow, it will prob. look better. For ‘main’ menu items, try to keep the items to two words or less…</blockquote>

How do you do that? Sorry I really need step by step stuff.
    How do I create a secondary menu on teh side for it to turn up?

emrfixit Friend

Its really simple, here let me show you,

To modify a mod to go into the pinned section of this template: Goto Module Manager, click on “TOP MENU” as shown below:

Now, click on top menu to open the properties of the mod.

Now examine these file attributes and notice the highlighted item called ‘Position’. Set this to user3 for this template, that will bring the top menu items and place them in the pinned box.

Now for shortening the menu at the upper most part of the page requires modifying the ‘Main Menu’.

1st – go to the top menu selection “Menus”.
    2nd – this will give you a drop down menu list, then click on “Main Menu”

This will bring up this screen:

Look closely now and examine the structure here. You will see under classes, business essentials and legal environment of business. To get your menus to become sub-menus you need to click on a menu in yours. Example I will click on business essentials…

Now the next screen you should see:

Now decide, in your web site, which menu you want to be the parent window and the one you want to be the ‘child‘ of that parent window. Since I am editing my business essentials window I want it to be a child of the parent window “Classes”. Therefore, I will highlight classes and when saved, business essentials will become a child of the parent window ‘Classes”.

Now you can see my ‘business essentials” is a child of ‘classes’. You can also make some of your pages sub levels of sub levels. In other words you can make child pages from child pages to give a deeper menu structure. When I teach classes on web building I tell my students menu structures should never have more than 7 items in a menu. Any more than that it gets busy for the the light surfer. Commercially, you should not have to go more than three clicks to any page in your site for a customer to find what they are looking for…

Hope this helps!

eMrfixit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  emrfixit 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum