Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a rather simple request…although the solution might not be so simple.

I have an xml file – the KJ version of the Bible – and I would like site users to be able to simply click on a link (e.g Gen 1:2) and have the text for Gen 1:2 pop up in a small window.

I am aware of routines that allow me to access texts on other servers – but that’s not what I want – I want it to be local.

Is there a simple way of accessing my xml file and achieving this?

aduff,
    tas au

wooohanetworks Friend

How do you normally have this xml file in use? When you have an application on a homepage but it is not a joomla site, than you still have to use the same procedures to allow your visitors to do that. First you must have something like a tool for the xml or when you simply place a file on a homepage you also have to do this in joomla and have to implement this into your joomla site. With a mod_custom you can integrate like nearly anything into the site so it should probably also work with xml files, otherwise search the extensions site at Joomla.org to hopefully find something easy to implement. http://extensions.joomla.org or someone else knows how. Probably ask the same question again in the upper forums of this site under “extensions” or “general questions” or “public chat” etc.. Maybe some more people see your post then.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum