Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to follow the instructions here
    http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-university-t3#menu-system

to activate the off canvas menu. Problem is that my screens don’t look like the tutorial. I’m very new at Joomla so I’m probably doing something very wrong.

When I go to Extensions>Templates it gives me a list called Templates:Styles and from there I choose ja_university – Default. Then I see this screen:

When I click on T3 Options I see this screen:

Am I in the totally wrong place??? I don’t see the Navigation tab mentioned in step 1 of the Tutorial or the Add On tab in step 2. Jumping ahead, when I duplicated the menu module and tried to assign this duplicate to the off canvas position, that position wasn’t on the list.

The website is at mahamevnawa.ca

I’m sure there is information you need to know that I am not providing. Please let me know. Thanks.

pavit Moderator

Hi

The info you are looking at are for Ja University T3 version , your site is using T3V2 version of the template and in that version Off-Canvas menu is not available

You will need to move your website on the new T3 Version

pavit Moderator

Hi

The info you are looking at are for Ja University T3 version , your site is using T3V2 version of the template and in that version Off-Canvas menu is not available

You will need to move your website on the new T3 Version

sujithpeiris Friend

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, but I’m a bit confused. Isn’t T3V2 newer than T3? If we just purchased this template a month ago, how could we possibly be using a version older than the documentation?

Can you give me a link or instructions on how to upgrade to the versionjthat matches the documentation and allows the off canvas menu?

sujithpeiris Friend

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, but I’m a bit confused. Isn’t T3V2 newer than T3? If we just purchased this template a month ago, how could we possibly be using a version older than the documentation?

Can you give me a link or instructions on how to upgrade to the versionjthat matches the documentation and allows the off canvas menu?

pavit Moderator

Hi

T3 Framework is the new Framework on which are running all latest Joomlart templates , download page has 2 subcategories

You need to download from the T3 folder 2 files needed to upgrade your template to the new version

1) JA University T3 template (2.15 MB) Ver.1.1.3

2) T3 System Plugin (2.95 MB) Ver.2.5.1

To upgrade your template to the new version you will need to uninstall old T3V2 version and install the new one you will need also to change the T3 Framework plugin uninstalling old and installing and enabling new T3 plugin

Remember that new template is using for default installation new positions names as you can see from documentation HERE

So you will need to publish your modules ( that you can also update using the ja extension manager component ) in the new positions available with new template.

Remember first to make these changes, to take a whole backup of your website ( folders and database ) eventually something will be wrong during the migration.

pavit Moderator

Hi

T3 Framework is the new Framework on which are running all latest Joomlart templates , download page has 2 subcategories

You need to download from the T3 folder 2 files needed to upgrade your template to the new version

1) JA University T3 template (2.15 MB) Ver.1.1.3

2) T3 System Plugin (2.95 MB) Ver.2.5.1

To upgrade your template to the new version you will need to uninstall old T3V2 version and install the new one you will need also to change the T3 Framework plugin uninstalling old and installing and enabling new T3 plugin

Remember that new template is using for default installation new positions names as you can see from documentation HERE

So you will need to publish your modules ( that you can also update using the ja extension manager component ) in the new positions available with new template.

Remember first to make these changes, to take a whole backup of your website ( folders and database ) eventually something will be wrong during the migration.

sujithpeiris Friend

Thanks for all the details!

So, this is the download page I need to use?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=527

Can you help me understand the difference between the two versions you show in the screen shot? Why have two available? Are we moving to the newest version by installing the one you give instructions for?

sujithpeiris Friend

Thanks for all the details!

So, this is the download page I need to use?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=527

Can you help me understand the difference between the two versions you show in the screen shot? Why have two available? Are we moving to the newest version by installing the one you give instructions for?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>So, this is the download page I need to use?</blockquote>

Yes specifically the template file and framework file

<blockquote>Can you help me understand the difference between the two versions you show in the screen shot?</blockquote>

They are based on two different Frameworks the old one T3V2

While the T3 framework added new features to the old one like bootstrap and font-awesome

<blockquote>Are we moving to the newest version by installing the one you give instructions for?</blockquote>

Yes as i suggested before you need to uninstall olds frameworks and template and install new framework and template
    then verify modules positions using given documentation

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>So, this is the download page I need to use?</blockquote>

Yes specifically the template file and framework file

<blockquote>Can you help me understand the difference between the two versions you show in the screen shot?</blockquote>

They are based on two different Frameworks the old one T3V2

While the T3 framework added new features to the old one like bootstrap and font-awesome

<blockquote>Are we moving to the newest version by installing the one you give instructions for?</blockquote>

Yes as i suggested before you need to uninstall olds frameworks and template and install new framework and template
    then verify modules positions using given documentation

sujithpeiris Friend

Thanks!

Can you understand why it’s confusing that T3V2 is older than T3?

I understand that we need to do a backup and check to make sure all modules are in the correct position once we upgrade.

I just want to be sure this is an ordinary upgrade. It seems strange that an old version would be so easily available for no good reason.

Thanks!

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>Can you understand why it’s confusing that T3V2 is older than T3?</blockquote>

It is not confusing, reading documentation you will understand differences between 2 versions

<blockquote>I just want to be sure this is an ordinary upgrade. It seems strange that an old version would be so easily available for no good reason.</blockquote>

It is an upgrade for 2 extensions template and a system plugin , template is based on the T3 system plugin , nothing in Joomla is changed, again new template version add new features to the template like responsive, reading some documentation about the 2 frameworks will help a lot to understand how the whole environment will work

Best regards

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>Can you understand why it’s confusing that T3V2 is older than T3?</blockquote>

It is not confusing, reading documentation you will understand differences between 2 versions

<blockquote>I just want to be sure this is an ordinary upgrade. It seems strange that an old version would be so easily available for no good reason.</blockquote>

It is an upgrade for 2 extensions template and a system plugin , template is based on the T3 system plugin , nothing in Joomla is changed, again new template version add new features to the template like responsive, reading some documentation about the 2 frameworks will help a lot to understand how the whole environment will work

Best regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum