Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

This template has only one bullet style for Un-Ordered lists and has limited styling options. I would love to create few different bullets in different colors and sizes in gif format and be able to use them. What changes/coding need to be added in order to get this working after saving my custom gif to images directory? Greatly appreciate any help.

thangnn1510 Friend

Hello, to change bullet of un-ordered list please add your image to templates/ja_minisite/images folder and change this code:

.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    background-position: 15px 7px;
    }

to

.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    background-position: 15px 7px;
    background: url(“../images/bullet.gif”) no-repeat scroll 20px 7px transparent;
    }

in templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css. In this case bullet.gif is your image.

jayatunge Friend

Hi Thang Ngo,

Thanks for the reply. But I was looking for a different answer. I guess, I haven’t presented my question properly, sorry about that. So, what i really want is to define additional bullets, other than the one we have in the template, not to replace it with my custom bullet. I want to keep that bullet and like to add more bullet options, may be with different UL class sufix….
    Like in the attached screenshot.

1. bullet_Lists
    thangnn1510 Friend

hello, sorry for misunderstanding. To add addition bullet please add “suffix” to your module class suffix and use it to style for your bullet.

Add this code:

.moduletable_slidenews ul li {
    background: url(“../images/your_bullet.gif”) no-repeat;
    }

Please tell me if you need more help.

Thank you.

jayatunge Friend

I think I am completely lost! Why do I need to add “suffix” to my module class suffix? And, where do I add this code? I do not get it. I intend to use bullets in article layout. Hm..m..m.., Sorry, My CSS or coding is nill. :((
    Is there any tutorial that has more detail that I can follow?

thangnn1510 Friend

OK Then, Please give me your login information FTP/admin account of your site to your support ticket XGV-578-47287 in http://support.jooomlart.com and give me the article link with un-ordered list. I’ll try a demo for you.

Thank you.

jayatunge Friend

Really appreciate your help. Please check you PM, I have sent you the account infomation.

thangnn1510 Friend

Hi. Thanks for giving me the admin account but I also need FTP access as requested. Please provide!

Thank you.

jayatunge Friend

Hi thangnn1510,
    Sorry about that. Please check check your messages for the FTP information.
    Thank you.

thangnn1510 Friend

Thank you very much and sorry for letting you wait in a long time. This is a complete guide for you in the case you want to add addition bullet to JA MINISITE:

1. Login into admin and then go to menu -> main menu -> edit your menu item you want to add the addition bullet (in your case it is “Bullet Demo”).

>> Click to “Parameters (System)” tab and add “_addition_bullet” to “Page Class Suffix” parameter.

2. upload your bullet file to templates/ja_minisite/images/typo (in my case I use bullet_go.png)

3. add this code:

.body_addition_bullet .ja-content-main .article-content ul li {
    background: url("../images/typo/bullet_go.png") no-repeat scroll 8px 1px transparent;
    }

to the end of templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css. Please do the similar way to replace my code with yours.

This is a demo:

http://www.theaceconsulting.com/etm/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=89

Tell us if you need more help.

Thank you.

jayatunge Friend

Dear thangnn1510,

Thanks for all the help, time and effort you’re making to provide a solution for me. I see and understand what you’re explaing. However, still I am not getting what I need. Sorry to be a pain. Here is further explanation:

If I understand correctly, In your method, I can define only one additional bullet per menu item. Is this a true statement? As per my post #3 in this thread, my expectation is to define multiple bullets in one article Please see the attached “expected un-orderd list.png”

Once again, realy appreciate your help.

1. expected-un-orderd-list
    thangnn1510 Friend

Hello, Thanks for explaining more about your problem. I defined the problem and this is addition solution for you:

1. Go to admin and edit your article (in this case is “un-ordered list demo”). Change its html code to:

<ul class=”go_bullet”>
    <li>Solutions</li>
    <li>Overview
    <ul class=”circle_bullet”>
    <li>Timesheet Solution</li>
    <li>Overview
    <ul class=”square_bullet”>
    <li>Integration with MS project and Primavera</li>
    <li>Integration with Financial Systems</li>
    <li>Integration with Corporate Systems</li>
    <li>Integration with MS Outlook</li>
    <li>Integration with Mobile Devices</li>
    <ol class=”star_bullet”>
    <li>Remedy (Help Desk) Mobile</li>
    <li>MS Project Mobile</li>
    <li>ERP Mobile</li>
    <li>Oracle Mobile</li>
    </ol></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>

As you see in this case I have added class for ul, ol tags (Class=”go_bullet”, class=”square_bullet”, class=”star_bullet”, class=”circle_bullet”).

2. upload your bullet file to templates/ja_minisite/images/typo (in my case I use bullet_go.png, bullet_circle.png, bullet_square.png, bullet_star.png)

3. Replace this code:

.body_addition_bullet .ja-content-main .article-content ul li {
    background: url("../images/typo/bullet_go.png") no-repeat scroll 8px 1px transparent;
    }

with this code:

ul.go_bullet li {
    }

ul.circle_bullet li {
    background: url("../images/typo/bullet_circle.png") no-repeat scroll 8px 1px transparent;
    }

ol.star_bullet li {
    background: url("../images/typo/bullet_star.png") no-repeat scroll 8px 1px transparent!important;
    }

ul.square_bullet li {
    background: url("../images/typo/bullet_quare.png") no-repeat scroll 8px 1px transparent;
    }

in the end of templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css. Please do the similar way to replace my code with yours.

This is a demo:

http://www.theaceconsulting.com/etm/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=89

In my new guide you could see it don’t use menu class suffix.
    Tell us if you need more help.

jayatunge Friend

Dear thangnn1510,

Splendid! That is exactly what I was longing for! Thank you! cảm ơn bạn! :-*

This explanation is very helpful and be very usefull in other JA templates too. Once again, thank you so much. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jayatunge 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum