Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How do I add date and author information to the featured articles and normal articles on the front page? (for example, SUNDAY, 12 OCTOBER 2008 19:35 | JOHN HOWELL).

I’ve managed to add them to the sections but not front page main articles (that use Ja news 1.3.1 and and Ja news fp).

Any help appreciated

Thanks

John
    http://www.sffmedia.com

Sherlock Friend

Hi !
    Please view following thread to consult about the problem :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/articles-date-author/

bowman999 Friend

Hi hainn84,

I actually wanted to do this for Teline 2, I think the information your sent was for the first version of this template (teline).

I couldn’t find that line in any of the ja_news or ja_news_fp files.

Help appreciated

Thanks

John

Sherlock Friend

with teline ii , you can do it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in modulesmod_janewstmpl folder, find following code section at about line 33 :

<h4 class="jazin-title"><a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->title;?></a></h4>

change to :

<h4 class="jazin-title"><a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->title;?></a></h4>
    <div class="article-meta">
    <span class="createdate">
    <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $row->created, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')); ?>
    </span>
    </div>

hope can help you !

video1 Friend

If you want this (date+author) to happen for the featured articles you need to change modulesmod_janews_fptmpldefault_fp.php to:
    [PHP]
    <div class=”article-meta”>
    <span class=”createdate”>
    <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $news->created, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC3’)); ?>
    </span> <span class=”createby”><?php JText::printf( ($news->created_by_alias ? $news->created_by_alias : $news->author) ); ?></span>
    </div> <br/>[/PHP]

gio35214 Friend

<em>@hainn84 86488 wrote:</em><blockquote>with teline ii , you can do it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in modulesmod_janewstmpl folder, find following code section at about line 33 :

change to :

<div class="article-meta">
    <span class="createdate">
    <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $row->created, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')); ?>
    </span>
    </div>

hope can help you !</blockquote>

I have the same problem but if I add that lines janews say “Undefined class name ‘jhtml’ “
    and what about janews frontpage? And how to add also section name?

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hainn!
    1) How do I remove the “Time” in the articles. I just want Date and Author listed, not time of day.

2) How do I remove the “Login” on Telline ll Home page, as this will not be needed. If I’m correct, this is only used for Community Board Login?

Thanks!

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hain,
    Please check PM for important message!

video1 Friend

sbaldwin,

To remove time: In the files mentioned above change LC2 to LC3 , this will display date only.

[PHP] <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $news->created, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC3’)); ?> [/PHP]

To remove Login, in Admin mode> Extensions>Modules: de-activate Login Form.
    That’s all.

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Video1!
    Thanks for helping! I only need this for articles that are not part of JA news or JA FP. Will the code above work for those articles within my site? Just want to make sure, and thanks again!

video1 Friend

The code above will work for Teline files mentioned. I don’t know for sure about other articles. You might want to try componentscom_content_viewsarticletmpldefault.php

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  video1 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum