Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Do you have a tutorial or detailed directions on how to add module positions to this Anion template?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please clarify your question in more details for further help.

More info, this is the guide for JA Anion module position: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-anion-module-position-guide/

peforever Friend

I want to add my own module positions to the anion template.
    How can i do this?
    Please give me instructions or a tutorial?
    Thank You

Phill Moderator

We have a nice wiki that explains in great detail how to add blocks – http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides

If you want to add a specific module position then upload an image showing where you want it and I will detail exactly how to achieve that.

peforever Friend

Hello Phil,
    Yes, I want to add a module position that spans across the width of the site right under the mainnav (menu).
    Attached is a screenshot with a red line representing where i want to place the module position.
    Thanks!

1. aniontopmoduleposition
    Phill Moderator

No problem creating the block. If you want just 1 module in that area then from your template manager>layouts tab edite the default item as follows adding the line in red (top is the new module name)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <layout>
    <name>Default</name>
    <description>Default layout for JA Anion template</description>
    <blocks name="top" style="xhtml">
    <block name="header" type="header"></block>
    <block name="cpanel" type="usertools/cpanel"></block>
    <block name="mainnav" type="mainnav" markup="3"></block>
    <block name="spotlight" type="modules" style="raw">top</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name="middle" colwidth="20" markup="3" fixheight="1">
    <block name="content-mass-top" style="raw">content-mass-top</block>
    <block name="content-top">content-top</block>
    <block name="inset1" width="20">left</block>
    <block name="right1" width="30">right</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml">
    <block name="botsl" type="spotlight" markup="3">user5,user6,user7,user8</block>
    <block name="navhelper" type="navhelper" markup="3"></block>
    <block name="footer" type="footer" main-inner="1"></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

If you want multiple modules in that position then the code would be

<block name="spotlight" type="spotlight" style="raw">top,top1</block>

Here we have changed the type=”modules” to type=”spotlight” and added the position top1. You could add top2, top3 etc separating them with a comma

Finally you would want to style it as per your requirements.

peforever Friend

Thanks Phil!
    This was a great help.
    Now (this should be my last question), how do i style the module position (ie – height, width, or specific placement on the page if i choose to change it)?

Phill Moderator

Assuming you are familiar with css simply use something like below in your template.css file

#ja-top {background: #fff;}

Where bachground: #fff can be any styling you wish. Height should expand to whatever you want but to fit anion you would need to add the styling for the sides/width I am guessing. I would start by working out what the existing styling is for the sides and add #ja-top to that

peforever Friend

Attached is a pic of the header with the new module position below it.
    I need the bottom of the mainnav module position to line up with bottom of the black header background.

I tried the line of code you gave me and changed it to this (in template.css):
    #ja-mainnav .main {height: 100px;} AND #ja-mainnav {height: 100px;}
    Neither of these worked.

1. headerdemo
    Phill Moderator

Hmm, without actually seeing the page it is going to be hard to say but you could try something like

position: relative;
    top: -10px;

where the -10px could be adjusted to move the box up or down.

peforever Friend

The page is not far from the original anion template. Aside from the new position we created it’s just colors and images at this point. Maybe it will help if you look at the anion demo. Where exactly would i place this code?

peforever Friend

If i did it right, that didn’t change anything.

Phill Moderator

If you post a link to your site we can give you a more detailse answer. Without seeing what your are trying to acomplish it is going to be almost impossible.

peforever Friend

http://prosoundministry.com/

I noticed the desired change when i set the logo to text and frontpage font size to 1 (currently at 3) in
    template manager/profiles/global settings
    However, i don’t want the font that small.
    I just need to get the menu lined up with header background without lowering the text.
    I plan to use a slightly larger .png for the logo instead of the text.

TomC Moderator

<em>@peforever 214143 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Phil!
    This was a great help.
    Now (this should be my last question), how do i style the module position (ie – height, width, or specific placement on the page if i choose to change it)?</blockquote>

With all due respect, you really need to take some time to learn about CSS styling – as it is the basis for the styling for pretty much ALL Joomla templates/websites.

http://www.cssbasics.com/

http://www.csstutorial.net/introductionCSS.php

http://www.debbietdesigns.com/learn/34/css-basics/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum