Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I just installed the template and sample data. I cannot add a fourth headline item.
    I created a new article in the example section/category and published to the frontpage. In the JA Module config I have “Number of Headline News” set to 10 (default).

When I add the fourth item, I still get 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 with a variation of all 4 articles showing.

If I change the number to 2 and unpublish the new article, it rotates the latest two articles. Then, when I publish the new 4th article, I get “article1, article1, article2, article2” in the rotation.

I read the html doc, and this appears to be pretty simple, but that’s why I don’t even know what else to look for help.

Much Thanks,
    Gary

Gary Brown Friend

I just found the problem.

It had to do with the “start publishing” date when I created a new article. If I change the date to yesterday (or older), the article appears correctly in the “headline” section. This may have been because my time zone was off when I first installed it, not sure.

This explains why I could move an existing article to the frontpage and it would show up headline, but I could not create a new article and have it show up. Interestingly, it appeared in the rotation, just the count (1/3) was off and the order was mixed up.

I actually found it by using the debug feature, so thank for adding that. Thanks for a wonderful template.

Seems like maybe the javascript is caching differently than the site/php/html. Not sure about this.

Gary Brown Friend

I just reinstalled the demo database and have this problem: When the headline rotates through the second time, the first article rotates twice.

That is:
    first time through: 1,2,3
    second time through: 1,1,2
    next x times: 3,1,2

Has anyone seen this before?

Gary

depaulus Friend

<em>@GaryBrown 50242 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just found the problem.

It had to do with the “start publishing” date when I created a new article. If I change the date to yesterday (or older), the article appears correctly in the “headline” section. This may have been because my time zone was off when I first installed it, not sure.

This explains why I could move an existing article to the frontpage and it would show up headline, but I could not create a new article and have it show up. Interestingly, it appeared in the rotation, just the count (1/3) was off and the order was mixed up.

I actually found it by using the debug feature, so thank for adding that. Thanks for a wonderful template.

Seems like maybe the javascript is caching differently than the site/php/html. Not sure about this.</blockquote>

GaryBrown, you are a lifesaver!!… for almost 2 days now I have been trying to solve the mystery of why my headlines (photos in my case) would not show up in the headline after I published them… Turns out that I (purposely) have a different timzone to where I actually am, as soon as I corrected this everything works….

THANKS GARY.

de P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  depaulus 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum