Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, before sorry my very bad english.

I want add to ja_quillaja the modules that above of the columns left and right of the Ja_Teline templete.

una imagen dice mas que mil palablas 😉

If there is somebody speaks Spanish, better.:)

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Install JA NewsFLASH module in your teline template and after that add to left column.

paxheco Friend

mmm… I believe that it does not explain to me well, in really what I need is to incorporate extra modules in template ja_quillaja (is the use now) on the modulos left and right, equal as it is the case of ja_teline.

TomC Moderator

You can add additional module positions into your template structure.

It takes some figuring out, but the way I did it is I figured out where I wanted the “new” module, and I copied the code from the module I wanted to duplicate into that position. Of course, I gave the new position a unique name and then assigned the relative module function to it.

You can also copy/duplicate modules in the module administration area if you need to.

Hope that helps a bit.

TOM

paxheco Friend

Hi tcraw1010
    I imagine that to which you talk about it is to alter to the structure of the template in the file index.php, since the Ja_quillaja does not tell on those modulos, then is necessary to copy and to paste them of the other template to this, that if I understand it exactly single that not that it leaves from I code is necessary to copy, you could help me with that? Thanks and I again feel by so bad my english.

paxheco Friend

I need interpret english/spanish that helps me to be able to explain well my problem…

Necesito un interprete ingles/español que me ayude para poder explicar bien mi problema…

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@paxheco 17801 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi tcraw1010
    I imagine that to which you talk about it is to alter to the structure of the template in the file index.php, since the Ja_quillaja does not tell on those modulos, then is necessary to copy and to paste them of the other template to this, that if I understand it exactly single that not that it leaves from I code is necessary to copy, you could help me with that? Thanks and I again feel by so bad my english.</blockquote>

I think I understand what you are asking … but forgive me if my explanation below still doesn’t fit.

See my work-in-progress site here –> http://www.musicians-marketplace.com/index.php
    Note – this is based on the Xenia II Shopping template – but the principles are the same.

Notice the “featured vendors” section in the middle . . . this is a duplicated “Banner” module that I placed int hat position within the index.php file. All I did was study, copy and paste the original “Banner” div information (that was toward the bottom) into the spot in the index.php that I needed it (i.e. jsut below the “spotlight” module, just above my “featured products” module.

I did the same thing to create additional Featured Products module positions – as you will see, there are three of them (currently with temporary place-holder images).

Of course, you will need to create a new position in Joomla. You do this clicking Site –> Tempate Manger –> Module Positions. Then you simply create the new position in the next available space (the order doesn’t matter). Give it any name you want.

Then, you go back to your Module Manger and assign the particular module you were trying to move into that new position you just created.

That’s the “basics” of it …. though, depending on the particular module and it’s functions, it may require some additional tweaking within the css and/or other files.

Hope that helps a bit. I’m still learning myself, but every day I feel I get a little bit better.

🙂

Menalto Friend
    paxheco Friend

thanks Menalto, Check you PM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  paxheco 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum