Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Add video feature will not work on new install JS 1.8.8
    Site URL: http://www.chamberanswers.com

I have the site turned off to the public but can send you the administrator info and password on request so you can check to see why it does not work.

Summary: I just installed JomSocial 1.8.8 and I can’t Add videos to the site. This is the first time that I have seen this issue. I followed all information suggestions on how to fix this but can’t find any solution so I posted this request so I can get our site online some time this week.

Steps to Reproduce: In the Member Home page, Go to Applications menu, click Videos menu item, click Add videos button on right side of page. Nothing happens but the processing dots when the blank video processing dialog window comes up.

Results: the dialog opens and the dots appear to process the command it it does not do anything.

If I choose All Videos and then click the Add video button I can add videos, so it appears to only be a problem on some of the Add videos buttons, and this is most likely the JA Social template causing the issues.

Here is a link to the screencast video showing the issues of the Add video button:
    http://www.screencast.com/users/ChamberAnswers/folders/Jing/media/45bcac64-31ce-4028-b02b-8fbc675fc411

Product version: 1.8.8
    Joomla! version: Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable
    PHP version: 5.2.13
    MySQL version: 5.0.91-community
    Webserver version: Apache
    Joomla! template used: JA Social letest version
    JomSocial template used: JA Social

PHP Built on: Linux cpres5.idig.net 2.6.18-294.8.1.el5.lve0.7.32PAE #1 SMP Fri Jul 23 15:24:15 EEST 2010 i686
    Database Version: 5.0.91-community
    Database Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
    PHP Version: 5.2.13
    Web Server: Apache
    Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
    Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable [ senu takaa ] 18-July-2010 18:00 GMT
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

Thanks for any help.

Randy McCallum
    ChamberAnswers.com

ChamberVoice

Re: Add video feature will not work on new install JS 1.8.8
    Postby ChamberVoice ยป Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am
    Assistance or suggestions please?

I found that I can get Add video to work using the All Videos button then click Add, but if I try to add it from the Applications menu Videos then click Add it will not work, and also from my My Videos the Add video button will not work.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions. It appears as though it must be the JomSocial JA Social template may be causing the issues so I will check the JA forums to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

Randy McCallum

ChamberVoice

Phill Moderator

Unfortunately, I don’t have jomsocial so I cannot check. However, what happens if you switch to a different template in the same install?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum