Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello folks,

I am having a strange problem:

I wanted to add a couple of K2 categories with items, so I have copied one of the categories (sports) to make sure all the proper settings are preserved and also moved two items in this category.

The category dropdown on front page correctly added the “copy of sports” category in the list, and when choosing this new category, the two items are properly displayed.

However, when I visit the front page, the items that are automatically displayed in the timeline (listed with year category badges, e.g. 2012, 2011, etc.), the items from the new category are not listed. Those items also do not appear when I click on ‘load more items’ button below.

One of the items in this new K2 category is from year 2015, and the year 2015 badge is not showing up at all in the list.

Is there an additional step required to include new K2 category items in the automatic frontpage display?

Many thanks for your help 🙂

Natia Gabrichidze Friend

Would greatly appreciate your help on this 🙂

Natia Gabrichidze Friend

Would greatly appreciate your help on this 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

You have to add new category in the menu loads Categories in K2, I added Copy of Sport into Home menu

and it’s working fine

1. Screen-Shot-2015-06-04-at-16.12.20
    2. Screen-Shot-2015-06-04-at-16.16.26
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You have to add new category in the menu loads Categories in K2, I added Copy of Sport into Home menu

and it’s working fine

Natia Gabrichidze Friend

Hello Ninja, thanks a lot for your reply and help.

Could you tell me exact steps how you managed to add the category? You did mention “You have to add new category in the menu loads Categories in K2” but I have not been able to fully understand how to accomplish that.

Thanks again! 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

Below are steps involved:

+ Because Copy of Sport category from K2

+ You have to go to Admin site -> Menus -> Main Menu -> Home -> add Copy of Sport into Advance Options

+ You will see Copy of Sport category and items to show on frontend site

Ninja Lead Moderator

Below are steps involved:

+ Because Copy of Sport category from K2

+ You have to go to Admin site -> Menus -> Main Menu -> Home -> add Copy of Sport into Advance Options

+ You will see Copy of Sport category and items to show on frontend site

Natia Gabrichidze Friend

Hi Ninja, thank you so much for the detailed explanation!! You are the best! 🙂

Natia Gabrichidze Friend

Hi Ninja, thank you so much for the detailed explanation!! You are the best! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Natia Gabrichidze 9 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum