Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    i would like to add a left column to the positions so i can put some (optional) modules in it.
    meaning some pages will have left and center, some left-center-right and some center-right

as shown in the image.

has anyone done this ? can you guide me to the css to perform this, and if i need to add a condition to the template body before i start tweaking the wrong things ?
    Thanks

btw your whole template development and implementation is superior to anything i have ever seen, well done !

1. ja-busniess
    khoand Friend

Hi,
    You login backend > Extensions > Template management > ja_business > layout tab > edit default layou. Replace this code

<block name="inset2">right, left</block>
    with

<block name="left1">left</block>
    <block name="right1">right</block>

TomC Moderator

Would he not also need to ascribe css styling rules to the new position?

buzibuzi Friend

Thanks.
    what position should i use for the left column ? “left” ?
    if so, i did as you said and assigned a menu model to the left position. the problem is, the same model appears now twice, both in the left and the right columns. the main content is in between.i cleared the cache, same result….

buzibuzi Friend

Sorry, my error.
    this works great, i had an extra module i didn’t notice.

now, how can i adjust the leftcenterright columns width ? the left column is slightly too wide for me.
    Thanks again….
    :-[

khoand Friend

<em>@buzibuzi 247433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, my error.
    this works great, i had an extra module i didn’t notice.

now, how can i adjust the leftcenterright columns width ? the left column is slightly too wide for me.
    Thanks again….
    :-[</blockquote>

You replace

<block name="left1">left</block>
    with

<block name="left1" width="20">left</block>

buzibuzi Friend

good on ‘ya mate 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  buzibuzi 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum