Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi.

The url displayed by add this for sharing on facebook is null.

How do I fix this.

I also noticed the tracking ID refuses to change even though I have changed it

Ninja Lead Moderator

Have you figured it out? I tested on this link: http://houseofkaris.net/t-shirts/item/121-i-refuse-to-be-defeated and see it’s working fine on your site.

1. fb_share
    aijosh Friend

I edited the item.php file.
    changed

<!-- Addthis button -->
    <div class="shareon">
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <a class="addthis_button_compact" addthis:userid="joomlart" addthis:url="<?php echo $this->item->link; ?>"><i class="icon-share"></i></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-532c221c296e8b5d"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    </div>
    <!-- End addthis -->

to

<div class="shareon">
    <a class="addthis_button_compact"><i class="icon-share"></i></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-532c221c296e8b5d"></script>
    </div>

I’m not sure but I think the addthis:userid is depreciated.

I’m still having issues with a simple way of correcting the addthis:url for items in category and on the modules because using the above code generates the URL of the current page (which is not correct for these scenarios).

I want to avoid hardcoding the websites url into the php files so I tried
    <?php echo JURI::root( false);?>
    but the resulting url carries a trailing slash. I’m sure there is a joomla workaround to remove the trailing slash. I just haven’t read about it yet. I could do some string manipulations on it though but….. I don’t know. Just don’t like hacks. They come back to haunt me later

aijosh Friend

I don’t know if these are Addthis issues or the template’s issue but

1. I also noticed that even though I have changed the tracking id to ra-#### (when you inspect the page you’ll see that it has changed) looking closely at the address bar of the popup window that loads after you click share, you’ll notice the old xa-#### tracking id in the url. I’m wondering why this is happening.
    2. On the first click to share an item, I always get a HTTP 408/HTTP 409 error. On the second click, it works fine.
    3. To be sure its not an issue with my hosting, I tried using the share button on the obelisk demo and I got the same result.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You need to go to Addthis.com or Sharethis.com, register and get the button code. Then add such code into the K2 component, the same place where you enabled the social button.

Make sure you change addthis:userid in the code below:

<!-- Addthis button -->
    <div class="shareon">
    <a class="addthis_button_compact" addthis:userid="joomlart" addthis:url="<?php echo $item->link; ?>"><i class="icon-share"></i></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-52609ad90c3efe1e"></script>
    </div>
    <!-- End addthis -->

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum