Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Can anyone suggest a module or plugin that works well with JA Wall for the AddThis social networking widget?

I tried the ValAddThis plugin. For some reason, it puts the code on every page except the homepage, which is where AddThis must be.

Alternatively, I’ll need to add the code manually, and I have no idea how to do that because I don’t know PHP.

tfosnom Friend

Last time I used addthis they provide code depending on your selection of icons (size, number etc.) for manual insertion. I took that code added it to a custom HTML module and just published it to a position where it displayed

Wall being a semi responsive tricky thing to do anything with may present its own unique probs. Addthis also provide a Joomla module to publish their code on the site after sign in

Shannon

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi jkriordan,

You can easy add addthis block code to your wall.

First, you need to register an addthis account (this helps you tracking your site, so please register it, it is free).
    Then you should grab the code, something similar to the block code below.

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a>
    <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-50c54c8a0c83984d"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->

Then go to any page you want to show this widget and paste the block code above inside.

For example, you can paste the block code to file
    templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php
    right before

[PHP]<div class=”fb-comments” data-href=”<?php echo JURI::getInstance()->toString(array(‘scheme’, ‘host’, ‘port’)) . $this->item->readmore_link; ?>” data-num-posts=”2″ data-width=”576″></div>[/PHP]

This will show the addthis widget before the facebook comment on article detail page.

You can also use Custom HTML module and add this block code inside. Remember to remove blacklist ‘script’ tag in Tiny-MCE editor plugin.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum