Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

For JA-Iris for Joomla 1.5, is there any way to separate the text/font size of the mainnav from the rest of the template? I have been trying to do this in the template.css, but the font size still seems attached to the overall text-size configuration within the Template Manager (in the backend).

I want the font of my mainnav to be a different size than the other text on the site.

Thanks,

Sherlock Friend

Hi tcraw1010 !
    What menu type do you use ?
    If you use split menu you can do it following way below :
    Open ja-spliymenu.css file in templates/ja_iris/ja_menus/ja_splitmenu folder, find following code section at about line 30 :

#ja-splitmenu a {
    border-style:solid solid none;
    font-size:100%;
    font-weight:bold;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

change to :

#ja-splitmenu a {
    font-size:14px;
    }

TomC Moderator

I’m using the Dropline menu and that is exactly the kind of modifications I have been trying. However, the “template parameters” seem to want to override the changes to the CSS I try to make (in this regard). I basically want to be able to control the text size for every section independently of the “Font Size” parameters within the J 1.5 Template Manager.

A second part to my question with regard to the dropline menu is . . . Is there a way to have the “drop” menu with the sub-menu items display only when there are sub-items to display – and not when there are none?

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??

Anyone ??

:((

Sherlock Friend

Hi tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site.

TomC Moderator

<em>@hainn84 63522 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site.</blockquote>
    I’m working with it on a localhost server.

Sherlock Friend

Hi tcraw1010 !
    You can change it following way below:
    Open ja-scriptdlmenu.css file in templates/ja_iris/ja_menus/ja_scriptdlmenu folder , find following code section at about line 26

#jasdl-mainnav a {
    font-size:100%;
    }

change to :

#jasdl-mainnav a {
    font-size:14px;
    }

TomC Moderator

Thanks hainn . . .

And as luck would have it – by some happenstance during some trial-and-error experimentation, I solved my second issue regarding the dropline display.

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum