Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, this problem is definitely a huge headache for me, and I really appreciate quick answers.

Problem discription:

I setted up a testing ja_beryl website using “quickstart” package, when I trying to configure JA Highslide module in “admin control panel” -> “Extensions” -> “Module Manager”, it returned a page without joomla admin toolbar. After that, every page lost their toolbar, and I could not do any further configuration to my test website.

I tried to reinstall ja_beryl quickstart, and the same problem happened.

I am using XAMPP for windows XP as testing server, and the only configuration I had done before trying to configure JA Highslide is setting “Search Engine Friendly URLs” to YES in Joomla Global Configuration.

Any help?

mayke Friend

<em>@humingchunno1 136202 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, this problem is definitely a huge headache for me, and I really appreciate quick answers.

Problem discription:

I am using XAMPP for windows XP as testing server, and the only configuration I had done before trying to configure JA Highslide is setting “Search Engine Friendly URLs” to YES in Joomla Global Configuration.

Any help?</blockquote>

You can set back to No to check ur main problem.
    If it’s only Search Engine Friendly URLs that you click,
    go to joomla folder, there is configuration.php inside, open it,
    to set No the Search Engine Friendly URLs go back to No,
    change the number “1” to “0” –
    find :
    var $sef = ‘1’;
    change to :
    var $sef = ‘0’;
    see what happend.

humingchunno1 Friend

<em>@mayke 136225 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can set back to No to check ur main problem.
    If it’s only Search Engine Friendly URLs that you click,
    go to joomla folder, there is configuration.php inside, open it,
    to set No the Search Engine Friendly URLs go back to No,
    change the number “1” to “0” –
    find :
    var $sef = ‘1’;
    change to :
    var $sef = ‘0’;
    see what happend.</blockquote>

Thank you for your response, but there is no luck.

I also reinstalled a new ja_beryl quickstart (third time) without changing any configuration, and when I tried to configure JA Highslide, it still didn’t show admin toolbar.

I began to think maybe JA Highslide itself is the problem, so I downloaded the newest version (v1.2) of JA Highslide, and installed plg_jahighslide and mod_jahighslide on a brand new Joomla 1.5.12 website. The result is: JA Highslide does crush this new website.

I am curious don’t you have any problem using ja_beryl quickstart?

boulbiz Friend

Hello, i got the same problem with latest quickstart setup.

Admin crash after going to modules, JA_Highslide … And the module disappear in frontpage.

Any answer from the support team ?

Thank you.

fabrian Friend

Same problem here. I have a deadline on this site and I cannot get into the backend. Completely crashed and I did try the suggestion mentioned earllier about sef’s.

I really hope someone has a fix for this… I need to this job done!

fabrian Friend

Definitely a problem when the highslide module is accessed in admin. I sent a PM to Hung Dinh, lets see…

fabrian Friend

Also submitted a support ticket last night…

Anonymous Moderator

Hi all

This issue is from #__modules. In the case, you only open database, find this table and repair it again.

#_ is the prefix of tables.

Hope it helps.

fabrian Friend

Ok, so thank you for finding the solution. my _modules table was empty and damaged. I did a db repair through my cpanel and now I can access the module and use it.

What worries me is why did it happen in the first place. I haven’t seen this before and a little concerned that there is some sort of bug or compatibility problem.

Will you update this fix in the module docs or on the module download? Or any of the templates that come with this module? I must say, it’s not always the easiest to find solutions to problems as they seem to be randomly scattered all over this forum.

Was this problem reported as a bug? I’m not the only person that had this problem and I did use your quickstart install (multiple times).

Again, thanks for the help.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

We have tried to find this issue but could not find in our system. It works very cool. It only appear in some servers but when we install it again at those servers, it had no problem.

For the reason, when you see this problem, please submit a ticket, send us your information for checking.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum