Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m trying to figure out a way to use the virtuemart categories module along with the JA Lead menu system.

You’d think it would be simple, but I’m stumped on what to do.

I’d like the categories to be displayed just like the normal joomla menu, as seen in the product demo, but without adding each category individually.

Thanks for any help

I apologize for the double host

TomC Moderator

bigrob . . .

I know you want to try to find a solution to your issue, but you do not need to post the same message multiple times. Give it a little time … if someone knows the solution, they will chime in.

Patience my friend.

🙂

mj1256 Friend

like this, see top left category menu
    ncnproskincare (dot) com

wilero Friend

I have the exact same issue here, but for now I do not have the time to adress that issue since I have a more prioritized client project I need to finish first. But in just a few weeks I am going to use JA Lead with Virtuemart and needs to have that function, along with some other things as well. I guess you would have to to a bit styling of VM theme to get it to match everywhere.
    If I then come across the solution, I promise to share it…and please share if you get it sorted out before me 🙂

bigrob Friend

I’ve given up on this, apparently no one here knows how to do it either.

Well I mean, I know what has to be done, but just not where.

I assume you more or less have to copy the “main menu” style sheet info and replace your “virtuemart category” css.

But I’m not 100% sure if that’s right, I think images files are involved which means that some html has to be changed too.

Anyway, you might want to do a direct support ticket.

wilero Friend

Sorry to hear you have given up on it, does it mean that you are not going to use this template? I have bought the book Joomla! E-commerce with Virtuemart from Packt, I know it has a section about customizing the look but I haven’t explored it further yet to see if there is something about the categories.

bigrob Friend

No, I’m just going to leave the menu how it is.

Its not like it’s impossible, just a lot harder than it should be, if I wanted to bad enough, I could figure it out..

I’m not a coder though, just an editor. Joomlart should have these types of things built in, that’s why we use joomla after all.

wilero Friend

Well then, I promise to share any solution with with you, I used to be a coder but not for web development, but I feel confident to work it out some way (that’s how I always feel before I hit the wall 😉 )

bigrob Friend

Well to help you out…

Apparently the left module position doesn’t use the same html as the right module position in this template

If you put anything in that left postion, it shows up differently than if you put it in the right postion with not changes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigrob 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum