Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello all,
    I have a site that’s been live to a loooong time and in need of a makeover!
    http://www.plasnet.com.au

I want to upgrade to Xenia Shop but retain (something like) the Right outer channel where my Google AdSense block is.

I have set the block to a file to INCLUDE currently using :
    <div align=”center” style=”width:161px; float:right;”>
    <?php require($ja_template_absolute_path.”/template_p6_RH.php”); ?>
    </div>

But, I cannot figure out where to put that code so as to appear on the Right of screen but outside the main Xenia wrapper.

Any advice much appreciated…. thanks.

Regards
    Chris

cwigg Friend

with joomla extension mod_php you can imbed php code inside a joomla module, which in your case could be published in the right? The mod_php extension is here http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1758/Itemid,35/
    Hope this helps, Cheers, Colin

TomC Moderator

<em>@cwigg 24293 wrote:</em><blockquote>with joomla extension mod_php you can imbed php code inside a joomla module, which in your case could be published in the right? The mod_php extension is here http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1758/Itemid,35/
    Hope this helps, Cheers, Colin</blockquote>

I use the PHP MOD extension quite a bit … one of the best, in my opinion.

tophe Friend

Thanks for taking a shot Colin,
    I am aware of mod_php – and use it.

But in this instance I am wanting to actually extend the template file index.php.

I just don’t seem to able to find an entry point in the wrapper/inner-wrapper – or, indeed outside those.
    I am now exploring the widths set in the css to see if that is what is not allowing my block of html etc. to get put in the correct place.

I can get the block to be placed on the page – but not over the right OUTSIDE the main xenia layout.

In this instance my inserted extra block actually carries the “right” placeholder.

Chris

Menalto Friend

Then you can do it all by css and a little job in the index.php if you want it the way on the picture below

tophe Friend

Hello Menalto,
    Sorry for delay in response… I seem not to have received subscription notice – and got busy.

Your layout is along the lines of I was getting at.
    Any clue as to how and what to tweak would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Menalto Friend

Hook me up on google talk or skype when you have time?

ErikThorsen Friend

You also have the google adsense module from joomlaspan ( gnu/gpl ) which you can use after you have added the changes like Menalto explains. That way you have 100% control of your google ads and it is one really simple solution for google ads. And it has tons of features as well. Most important, it follows the ToS for Google ads. Adding the “trick” from Menalto isn’t all that complicated but requires some “hacking” in the index.php file.

tophe Friend

Thanks Menalto, Erik,
    Because I am just so busy, I decided to simply put the left side of “ja_wrapper” in a 3 column Table and my outer block in a Right column – with a spacer in between.

That’s how I did it originally…. Quick & dirty, but it works – and is simple.

Thanks Erik, I am already using several instances of the joomlaspan AdSense module.

I think I was very close to having the DIV/css solution… but had to move on.

Thanks for the trouble and feedback folks..
    Case closed – for now.

Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tophe 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum