Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

something really strange happened to me today when i did a totally clean and fresh installation of Joomla 1.5.8 with JA Teline II. The installation was error free, everything was smooth as silk. After completion of all the steps, i remove the installation directory and logs in to the backend, no problems at all.

But when trying to login to frontend with admin account (site is offline) this error message shows up on the screen:

“404 – Component not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    3. a mistyped address
    4. you have no access to this page
    5. The requested resource was not found.
    6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

* Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Component not found”

When i press the “Home Page” link, i can reach the frontend, but it is totally abbreviated, only text and no pictures, no formatting, no nothing. If i click one of the links i´ll get the above quoted error message back.

I´ve done at least ten different test installations on two servers, never seen this behavior before. Checked everything, JA Teline II is default template, JA News and JA News Frontpage are all active. What is this? I´m really frustrated now after my previous problems, and also really in a hurry to get this site up and running asap, so please help me!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi helmer,

I think you had errors as follows:

+ Miss some files when upload code to your server.
    + When you upload your code to your server, you did not change the permisson of folders before install joomla.
    + Import database has errors.

helmer Friend

Thanks for answer! All of your suggestions sounds very adequate, and i´ll try them, but i´ve done three installations on the same server with exact same settings, and it was only this last one that failed. Same upload source (no files missing, checked that), same permissions on folders and no import of database (dropped tables before each installation). But i´ll check it all again, especially the thing with folder permissions, that might be the culprit. Thank you!

mj1256 Friend

nope, I’m using telene II and today I started getting the same issue when a user logs out of the site. No changes where made. Yesterday it worked,, today it does not. This site is working perfectly in everyway and has been for quit sometime. Its not a new install or a transfer. It just started to do it. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum