Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I installed quickstart. I started build multi language website. After I switched on language filter plugin for that purpose my homepage disappered and i see only footer. It redirect me to main language EN and in http://www.mysite.net/en some menu links working proper and redirect to demo content but others show only footer without main content like my homepage.
    Could you please advice me what should be the reason for this issue?

lendabg Friend

I played a bit and I found that problem left only with home menu item. Home page doesn’t show content when language filter is switch on. No matter what menu item, no matter what template style is linked I’m setting as home item it’s content disapper.
    Have some idea how i can solve?

lendabg Friend

I played a bit and I found that problem left only with home menu item. Home page doesn’t show content when language filter is switch on. No matter what menu item, no matter what template style is linked I’m setting as home item it’s content disapper.
    Have some idea how i can solve?

timtecsa Friend

Hi,

Did you make a ‘home-tr’ page in addition to ‘home-en’ ?

Tim

timtecsa Friend

Hi,

Tim

lendabg Friend

<em>@timtecsa 503259 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Tim</blockquote>

Thank you for reply.
    Yes I have done for my main menu topnav-bg for Bulgarian language and topnav-en for English main language. Attached is screenshot. All items from main menu work proper using same style of home page only home item no and content disappeared. Shows only footer.

lendabg Friend

<em>@timtecsa 503259 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Tim</blockquote>

Thank you for reply.
    Yes I have done for my main menu topnav-bg for Bulgarian language and topnav-en for English main language. Attached is screenshot. All items from main menu work proper using same style of home page only home item no and content disappeared. Shows only footer.

lendabg Friend

Attached also screenshots of my 3 menu item settings.

It looks like problem coming because Url rewriting, because without this option be switch on all coming proper. But I need to have url rewriting in my webpage:-(

lendabg Friend

Attached also screenshots of my 3 menu item settings.

It looks like problem coming because Url rewriting, because without this option be switch on all coming proper. But I need to have url rewriting in my webpage:-(

timtecsa Friend

Do you have a category ‘News-bg’ and Bulgarian content in that category?

Is your site online so that I can see it? PM me if you wish.

Tim

P.S. Extract from http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=711&t=853607

What you do, create first a main category for each language and create category for each important section/menu/component in the first language (don’t go crazy with the categories, be logical). Create all your content in this language, Mass/copy & translate your category system to the second language, Mass/copy & translate your content to their second language category,

lendabg Friend

I copied just right now categories in two languages but home page still stays only footer. Wrote to hosting to ask them if some problem in hosting systems. They answered that checked .htaccess file and no problem with it.
    I’m going send you link in PM.

Greetings and thanks for support,
    Rumyana

timtecsa Friend

See my reply by PM.

You have no content on homepage because you have no modules published with a category specified. e.g. in ‘news-home’ position regardless of language.

Note also that your demo articles are all Language ‘All’ i.e. none are either English or Bulgarian.

Tim

P.S. I also just found that your Menu ‘home-bg’ had no position setting configured – needs to be set to ‘news-home’. This is why your homepage was empty, I think.

P.P.S. I have found it better to make a multilingual site from either quickstart or fresh joomla 3 + template etc install without demo content but keeping a full demo install close by for reference. Teline V and Joomla 3 are very different from earlier templates. If you make site without demo content it forces you to learn more and build confidence 🙂 The official Joomlart support team are always exceptionally helpful when (not if) you get stuck.

lendabg Friend

Thanks to Tim that found it!:)
    If anybody other installed demo template with multi language joomla, don’t forget to add Load Position settings in menu for each language.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lendabg 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum