Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Can you please provide an area where all joomlart extensions (+updates and newest versions) and modules can be found (with descriptions, demo and downloads).

Now it is VERY difficult to find an extension, or the most recent version of it.

PLEASE!

Thanks

Menalto Friend

Do you feel the new download system is messy too?

fdevos Friend

Not really, I think it is better than the former one.

But it should clearly distinct extensions from templates, so one can see when there is a new version of an extension and upgrade if necessary.

Eduardo Arenas Silvera Friend

I agree. We need a special area for extensions.

TomC Moderator

<em>@eduarperu 47020 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree. We need a special area for extensions.</blockquote>

Correct me if I’m wrong … but isn’t there a big ole “Extensions” menu tab in the header section of this entire website ??

😎

bigrk Friend

Tom, I think they are referring to the individual extensions or modules that have been included with different templates that do not exist under the current Extensions on the menu bar. You know like JA News or JA SlideShow etc. It would be nice to reference one page for all of the differing extensions or modules. Many of the users here have used these items in different templates than the original and some have been included in a number of different templates. After a while it becomes a little confusing.

Hung Dinh Friend

Originally, the extensions were released as an addtional elements of the templates and the usages of such extensions outside the template are not expected .

I agree that we need to revise the arrangement of Extensions but there is a difficulty that each inluded extensions have different stylesheet (even though they do not have any changes in codes, function) so we can not decide which one is the later versions.

However, from JA Dravity, JA News is rewriten and stylesheet are independent from template.

1. If there is ja_news template css file in the template, it will be used
    2. If the extensions does not find the css file in the templates, it will use the default css file in the modules.

This way will help us to seperate the development of extensions, and in upcoming templates, extension will not be included and finally we can have a better way to present versions, change logs of JA Extension.

bigrk Friend

Sounds Good Hung.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum