Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

i love this theme layout. I was hoping to alternate pictures and blank space though. That way i would get a checkerboard like appearance. is this possible? This is a picture of how I was thinking it could look:

1. MODERN
    Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,
    Thanks for loving our products.
    About your concern, I’m sorry, it’s impossible. Picture is sequential lists, and can’t add more space between them as your attachment, the layout maybe broke and lost feature responsive.

rudzekj Friend

i don’t care about the responsivenesss. Is there a way to do it in that case?

Luna Garden Moderator

Yes,
    But that means, you will remove the js relate to create Blocks for Lens, and Popup preview won’t work anymore.
    1. Go to file:
    templates/ja_lens/index.php
    Remove call scripts:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/js/jquery.masonry.js"></script>
    and

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/js/wall.js"></script>
    2. Go to file
    templates/ja_lens/css/template.css
    Find these lines:

.masonry .item {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000
    color: #FFFFFF
    position: absolute;
    }

Change to

.masonry .item {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000
    color: #FFFFFF
    float: left;
    margin: 0 270px 0 0;
    }

Please backup your file before processing, and if you customize your site too much, we can’t support you all these customizations.

rudzekj Friend

thank you so much for your help. I made the changes you suggested. I’ve attached what it looks like now… is there any way to make it alternate so it looks like a checkerboard?

1. modern2
    Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@rudzekj 344213 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you so much for your help. I made the changes you suggested. I’ve attached what it looks like now… is there any way to make it alternate so it looks like a checkerboard? </blockquote>

Maybe you have to customize for K2 item page to make odd and even lines for class name. With each line, set CSS style different like

.masonry .item .oddline{
    margin: 0 your_value px 0 0;
    }

.masonry .item .evenline{
    margin: 0 0 0 your_value px;
    }

That’s I think.
    Layout of Lens is nice, don’t why you want to change it anyway.

rudzekj Friend

Thank you for your help. Where do I edit the k2 item page so that it will use these new divs? Can I also make it so that no matter what it only displays an odd amount of columns? (1,3,5, etc) depending on width of the display?

Luna Garden Moderator

First you need to edit file:
    templatesja_lenshtmlcom_k2ja_lenscategory.php
    define what is odd line, and even line.
    then edit in file
    templatesja_lenshtmlcom_k2ja_lenscategory_item.php
    define how item of K2 should be shown by add class to them, create new divs.
    Finally, restyle CSS to site look nicer.
    That’s what I think. Hope you understand my points.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum