Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

This is a vey simple yet important question for me here – “Am I being Banned?” or “Am I being ignored?”

If any of you see my post here, would you please let me know if I am still an active member here but not banned or ignored?

You may ask the reason for my silly questions here. Yet, I am facing a very serious problem which may due to those silly questions-

I love all the templates here and so I joined both JA and JM developer club. Yeah, I got discounts on my memberships too. Hey, I love it. I only have a small problem, we have the template and we need to change the default text content as on the original template to fit our needs, like changing the default contact phone numbers, etc. It’s a simple and “everyone-will-do-the-same” actions, right? Yet, whenever I tried to make the text changes via the admin panel, it gives errors which resulting the whole system is not accessible (messing up with errors and code). In other words, I cannot touch the default text content or the site will be down. If one cannot touch the text content of the template or the site will be down, should we still consider the template is “usable”?

Luckily, there are support forum and trouble ticket system here as of the premium support features which I paid as included in the club memberships. So I post my situation and asking for help here accordingly in the relevant templates support forum, as well as ticket system. The first time stamp of my post for the issue is 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM. To help others know my issue better, I have keep updating my foundings till today. As of this moment, although there was about 78 views on my post there, no one has ever responded to me and it has been three days already – (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/got-error-after-updating-the-contact-info-now-i-cant-even-get-back-to-the-system/).

Well, I still have the trouble ticket system to ask for help. Meanwhile waiting for respnse from the support forum, I also sent a ticket to helpdesk considering its a critical and technical issue as for the “I cant touch the default text content or the site will be down” reason. The first time stamp of the ticket I sent is 05-13-2009 08:48 AM, which was about one day after I post to the forum. Guess what, till now no one there responded to me neither (Ticket ID: UCQ-958921), amazing huh?!

Now you see why I asked those silly questions at first place – Am I being Banned or Am I being Ignored? 78 views on my post in the template support forum but no one care or to response to me? My issue is simple and applies to all users of that template as they all need to change the default text content. Am I actually the only one who use that template? For the helpdesk support, I sent the ticket 2 days ago but not even a respond like “Oh we are looking into your issue, can you provide more info on….”?

Remember, its only 12 hours from now on till Saturday, then they will tell me “sorry for keep you waiting but Joomlart office does not open in weekends“, which means after the next 12 hours, I have to wait at least 48 hours in addition?

I am always trying to be a nice member and I hate to rant here there, as I am not that kind of “hate’ people. The feelings of being ignored just like being banned, is never to be fun. The feelings of being fooled is really hurt too, especially when you buy something you have strong confident on it but it turns out seems to be “unusable”. You still have confident in it as you know you have two level of supports so you go ahead and ask for help, but no one respond to you.

I am not trying to make things complicated or make anything look not-so-perfect here. Yet, if you were in my shoes and face the similar situations, what will you think? I am not trying to ask for help in those rocket scientist issue, but simply a solution for “you cant touch the default text content or the site will be down” problem.

Tell me what you think if you were in my shoes…

questbg Friend

Hi Chalon. Sorry to hear of your problems. You are shown as a ‘JM Licenced Member’ so you certainly haven’t been banned.

I can’t help with your problem as I’ve never used Magento but hopefully somebody will read this and be able to assist.

chalon Friend

Wow, thank you questbg, finally someone responded to me :). Strange, why my profile only shows that I am JM Licensed Member while the fact is I have both valid JA and JM Developer memberships? :confused:

instantinlaw Friend

Hello,
    I’s probably a software thing with the forum.
    Look in your user control panel-on the left look for group memberships. You may be able to select which group you want to show yourself as. You can probably only choose one.

theprofessor Friend

So, did you get a response to your problem/ticket yet??

TomC Moderator

chalon:

Just as an additional resource for Magento related questions, I would also recommend the Magento Community/Forum Boards as well. Not to say that you can’t get the help you need here, just a an additional resource/avenue for you to seek assistance.

chalon Friend

<em>@theprofessor 128827 wrote:</em><blockquote>So, did you get a response to your problem/ticket yet??</blockquote>

Thanks for asking, theprofessor,

The ticket was created on 13 May 2009 08:48 AM and I have updated my foundings four times. As of this moment, no one there ever responded to me. :((

chalon Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 128833 wrote:</em><blockquote>chalon:

Just as an additional resource for Magento related questions, I would also recommend the Magento Community/Forum Boards as well. Not to say that you can’t get the help you need here, just a an additional resource/avenue for you to seek assistance.</blockquote>

Thanks for your kindness suggestion, tcraw1010. I have done that yesterday in an earlier time, as in http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/42273/

Let’s see if its the Magento system issues and if they can help me solve the issue there. Still, if Jommlart staff knew its not their issues but Magento’s one, they should have at least told me in the ticket that its “not their responsibility” or its “beyond their ability to help me” and the reasons behlind it, rather than just keep ignoring me in the ticket system like now.

theprofessor Friend

<em>@chalon 128871 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for asking, theprofessor,

The ticket was created on 13 May 2009 08:48 AM and I have updated my foundings four times. As of this moment, no one there ever responded to me. :((</blockquote>

Just a note…I am assuming you did…but did you supply your Super Admin and ftp info? The do note that all requests not providing it will be outright ignored.

chalon Friend

Thanks for your reminder, theprofessor. Yes, I have attached the super admin and ftp info in my first ticket and supporting forum here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  chalon 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum