Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Whenever i open my website, the slideshow tends to take some extra bit of time to load. Although thats not ok, but its still not the problem.

The real issue is that in the first 3-4 seconds, the whole page (except the slideshow) is loaded and is shifted down by about an extra 500 px. Then the slideshow loads and the whole content then shifts upwards. The slideshow is configured to be of 660x280px and takes up images from articles. So that means before the slideshow is loaded, the whole page is blank from top to some 728px downwards (below which the rest of the content lies) and when the slideshow loads, everything comes back to its original position (i.e. from top to 280px is the slideshow and thereafter the content).

Please help.

I hope i have tried to explain my problem clearly :-[

yfi_rnr Friend

Btw, you will notice the same problem with the JA Rasite (joomla 1.6) version demo. Here’s the link http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_rasite. Try refreshing the page a couple of times if the problem is not visible at first.

Saguaros Moderator

ok, you open the file modules/mod_jaslideshow2/mod_jaslideshow2.php and find the following code:

[PHP]
    window.addEvent(‘load’, function(){
    [/PHP]

replace by:
    [PHP]
    /* window.addEvent(‘load’, function(){ */
    [/PHP]

and find:
    [PHP]
    });
    </script>
    [/PHP]
    replace by:

[PHP]
    /* }); */
    </script>
    [/PHP]

then check this issue again

yfi_rnr Friend

Thanks. its not happening now. 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

ok, may be you made wrong :), please provide me the link to your site, administrator, FTP account via PM. i will help you resolve the issue

yfi_rnr Friend

Hello tienhc,
    thanks for your help. The issue is resolved now.

But please help me with a doubt. Should you go for minification and compression of css scripts during the website designing or not? Should you go for minification and compression at all??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yfi_rnr 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum