Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know of any menu extensions for joomlart templates or other that can do something like this?

http://www.esteelauder.com/

When you mouseover the menu item it drops down a whole mini page of links, not just a straight line. I imagine this could be coded within some menu.css, but I would have no idea how, so I am hoping someone can recommend something that would either already do this, or be easy to customize.

Thanks!

Cheryl

SP Media Friend

That’s just a normal menu, just add submienus by selecting a parent in the menu creator.

sunrise Friend

Hi spmedia,

Wouldn’t submenus look different than the estee lauder’s site. I thought the normal menus would then give you one submenu and another. Here you get several columns under one menu link. If you can do this with normal menus, I’d like to know how. It could look good on certain sites!

SP Media Friend

Adding a submenu just allows you to drop dow when hovering, which is what I am seeing in firefox anyway, no different to what you see in the examples in ja’s demo site, here;

http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php

I may not be seeing what you are possibly.

cjmicro Friend

Right Sunrise, that’s what I was thinking. I guess it could be altered in the css to make the area wider, etc, but not sure how to get al lthe links to show up in that format. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Cheryl

SP Media Friend

Are you referring to some menu items being bold, whereas others are in italic?

If so, each menu is given a menu item id which you can find if you view the source. Just make a new css id attribute for that allocated ID, and you’re done. In the admin CP, when you create that item, just create it as an external link with # as the url.

That site itself actually (and quite scarily) used a form to create their menu.

cjmicro Friend

<em>@spmedia 111530 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you referring to some menu items being bold, whereas others are in italic?

If so, each menu is given a menu item id which you can find if you view the source. Just make a new css id attribute for that allocated ID, and you’re done. In the admin CP, when you create that item, just create it as an external link with # as the url.

That site itself actually (and quite scarily) used a form to create their menu.</blockquote>

Thanks for all the info. I guess I am referring to the fact that the drop down is much wider and seems to not be a normal type of drop down that I am used to seeing.

So do you think, for example, that on the Fragrance tab, the “For Women” would be a separator then the other underneath is just submenu? Obviously I can do that, easy enough, just not sure how to get it to look like theirs.

Can I just work with the CSS to accomplish that?

Cheryl

SP Media Friend

Oh the wideness, yes, you can just increase that in the CSS styles for the menu type you’ve chosen. There should be a css file specific to the menu in whatever template you have.

Look for the submenu style. Just alter the width. 🙂

sunrise Friend

I looks like the ones on esteelauder are not a fixed width, they depend on how many submenus there are, or how many columns there are. How would you do that?

SP Media Friend

Quite simple, instead of specifying the width of the column, use padding instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SP Media 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum