Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi All
    Just wanting some info on what cart has been chosen as replacement for joomshopping, this is to save me from installing a popular cart and setting up etc. and days later finding JA has styled for something else. To know what cart to use is a real headstart

Shane

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 306234 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi All
    Just wanting some info on what cart has been chosen as replacement for joomshopping, this is to save me from installing a popular cart and setting up etc. and days later finding JA has styled for something else. To know what cart to use is a real headstart

Shane</blockquote>
    Hey Shane:
    I’ll check with the “Powers That Be” and get back to you shortly

😎

swissa Friend

edited

I reckon this is one of the best templates I’ve seen from JA. Above Tiris even. This may be because my knowledge has grown or because I am now more adventurous and willing to experiment but for me, to date, this template has induced my best work by far. (Although that isn’t saying very much! :-[ )

This is a great template.

Thanks JA!!

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 306234 wrote:</em><blockquote>. To know what cart to use is a real headstart
    Shane</blockquote>

Well, I can’t really divulge the official intel . . . suffice to say that I think you will Very Much like the updated JA Orosite.

I mean, even though the original concept was not officially release, it’s almost like a v2.0, isn’t it?

😎

tfosnom Friend

Thanks Tom,
    Any timeframe on release of new quickstart with the chosen cart, pls?
    Blessings Shane

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 307066 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom,
    Any timeframe on release of new quickstart with the chosen cart, pls?
    Blessings Shane</blockquote>
    Progress …. Yes

Timeframe/Date …. Not yet, I’m afraid.

tfosnom Friend

Thanks Tom
    Just a question If I load the shopping cart to my testsite and add the products etc. when the revised qs/ shopping cart template etc. comes out is it just a matter of adding the shopping cart template to my test site the get the correct styling or is it a more complex matter?
    Blessings Shane

TomC Moderator

Well, here is the thing . . . . IF it is going to be VirtueMart, there is ALWAYS a way to upload the template files from any given (compatible) VM template files into another template – and designate which category and product page (used to be called “flypage” in previous VM versions (I understand they don’t call them “flypages” any longer)).

I did this several times with the VM template (flypage and category) file from JA Zeolite into other templates in which I installed VirtueMart manually. THAT part is not the “labor/effort intensive” part . . . it’s the customization/styling from THAT point that takes the time. Though, in the end – if done right and one is able to be patient and focused with the process – it’s well worth the time and effort to arrive at the display that you truly wanted. 😎

I actually learned how easy it could be via the Powered By Virtuemart website. I believe they have several (or at lease ONE) free video you can watch about how to install a VM theme into any given (version compatible) Joomla template.

Hope some of that info and experience-based insight is helpful to you.

omojesu Friend

My installation of Ja_orisite does not have the Virtuemart template…am I missing something here or is there no virtue mart template for Ja_Orisite? Pls advise.

thanks

tfosnom Friend

It’s available in the quickstart package not just the template you need the first item only the 20 plus mb one
    Cheers Shannon

omojesu Friend

I installed my site with the quick start and is definitely not there. This is not the only extension missing in my install of orisite. Support also had to install missing K2 smart search for me as well. Please can someone point me to a standalone download of the ja-orisite virtuemart template?

Many thanks…I really appreciate this…

<em>@tfosnom 320410 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s available in the quickstart package not just the template you need the first item only the 20 plus mb one
    Cheers Shannon</blockquote>

tfosnom Friend

Hi
    interesting I downloaded the qs within the last week and the vm installation is definately there and working, tell you what extract the orisite quickstart, go to the modules folder, see if you have a
    mod_virtuemart_cart
    mod_virtuemart_category
    mod_virtuemart_currencies
    and several more
    my uninstalled Orisite quickstart has these modules and folder within the expanded QS zip. If your download doesn’t re download cause its there now.

The VM is not available in the dl as a plugin or module its combined in the quickstart as an SQL dump to replicate the demo

however you can get the latest VM 2.0.x dl from the VirtueMart site
    Cheers Shannon

omojesu Friend

Thanks Shannon – I have virtue mart and all of those mods installed. What I was asking is the Ja_Orisite virtue mart template. The template is like the theme file that makes virtue mart flow with your site template. So just to clarify, I have virtue mart installed, juts not the ja_orisite theme. You know this by going into your virtue mart configuration screen and when you select the theme/template…you get an error on the fronted that the ja_orisite virtumart template was not found.

<em>@tfosnom 320516 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    interesting I downloaded the qs within the last week and the vm installation is definately there and working, tell you what extract the orisite quickstart, go to the modules folder, see if you have a
    mod_virtuemart_cart
    mod_virtuemart_category
    mod_virtuemart_currencies
    and several more
    my uninstalled Orisite quickstart has these modules and folder within the expanded QS zip. If your download doesn’t re download cause its there now.

The VM is not available in the dl as a plugin or module its combined in the quickstart as an SQL dump to replicate the demo

however you can get the latest VM 2.0.x dl from the VirtueMart site
    Cheers Shannon</blockquote>

tfosnom Friend

I see sorry, I misinterpreted your needs, must’ve been too early in the morning, In my install I believe I just selected the default theme/template which given no others exist would ne the supplied JA orisite template, However give me some time and I will certainly check my instal and get back to you.

Again I apologise for not reading your needs clearly
    Shannon: over and out

tfosnom Friend

Hi Omojesu
    I installed the latest Orisite quickstart locally, I like you, see no specfic theme for VM,included in the dl, like you have in custom folder for Kunena. My thoughts are the design team have styled VM to suit Orisite and then packaged the demo info with the ‘included’ styling into the distro. So no additional theme is needed as it’s already coded and working.

I base this on the fact that there is no VM extension or VM AIO extension included as seperate items as they already have been installed and set up.

I found before I could really do anything in the configuration of VM, I HAD to upgrade VM to the latest 2.0.6 version, then that allowed me to set the default cart and category templates to the Orisite from the drop down menu without any problem either in the back end or after reloading the complete site and navigating to the Virtuemart cart.

While I can’t comment on your own missing K2search plugin etc. I’m thinking you’re looking for something as an included external theme that is already part of the installion at least as a Quickstart? You are the only one that has asked for this seperate theme, all others, like me think it is already included and being used.
    I’ll shut up now 😀 and sit back and wait for a JA developer of the Orisite template to tell us exaclty what was or not included.
    Blessings Shannon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  omojesu 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum