Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am wondering if there is some kind of a “Directory Search” script/plugin out there whereby someone can enter/select a list of parameters (from dropdown boxes) and a list of matches are listed. I suppose kind of like an online dating type of function – where the user enters in the specific characteristics/parameters, and then the corresponding results come up – though that’s not what I will use it for.

For the sake of argument, let’s say it will be a “Doctor Directory” – where one can select a specialty, years of experience, age range, zip code/geographic area, etc.

Thanks for any help/reference you can provide.

🙂

instantinlaw Friend

Hi Tom,
    Have you looked at the Advanced Search according to Parameters option in the VM search module? It’s not exactly what you are looking for, but has a lot of options.

ShannonN Friend

tcraw1010;20071I am wondering if there is some kind of a “Directory Search” script/plugin out there whereby someone can enter/select a list of parameters (from dropdown boxes) and a list of matches are listed. I suppose kind of like an online dating type of function – where the user enters in the specific characteristics/parameters, and then the corresponding results come up – though that’s not what I will use it for.

For the sake of argument, let’s say it will be a “Doctor Directory” – where one can select a specialty, years of experience, age range, zip code/geographic area, etc.

Thanks for any help/reference you can provide.

🙂

38 search extensions here one may have what you need?
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1839/Itemid,35/

Cheers ShannonN

TomC Moderator

<em>@ShannonN 20074 wrote:</em><blockquote>38 search extensions here one may have what you need?
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1839/Itemid,35/

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Thanks Shannon:

I looked through all fo those extensions and it seems that most of them are modules/plugins for searching articles and/or search-engine information. I suppose, with a whole lot of customization, one of those extensions could be modified to fit my needs . . . but, unfortunately, I am far from any kind of Developer.

My search continues.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 20072 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom,
    Have you looked at the Advanced Search according to Parameters option in the VM search module? It’s not exactly what you are looking for, but has a lot of options.</blockquote>

I’ll check it out, Bill . . . though my plan is to create a separate section/database for this function, so I’m not sure if using VirtueMart will work.

Again, the closest comparison I can think of would be an online dating site – kind of like a Match.com or something like that. (In my case, it will be for musicians).

instantinlaw Friend

Hi Tom,
    I’ll see if I can find something for you to use, and post the link (if any) here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum