Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I randomly came accross this wordpress theme:

http://wordpress.topwpthemes.com/index.php?wptheme=bluedge

It looks almost exactly like the JA Hedera template. I have also seen another theme that looks like the JA Pariiti template. Are all the designs of JoomlArt originally designed by theme? Or are they/some of them customized from ready made designs? Or have they used your designs?

Just want to be clear where the template designs come from..

mfcphil Friend

I dont mean to sound disrespectful towards any other company but what you are showing is quite a poor template and nothing like the quality found at JoomlArt, I think you will find that the general look of most Templates on the market today can look similar.
    How many different ways can you make a box look? 😉

TomC Moderator

In addition to what mfcphil said . . .

I think we all get and take inspiration for our own websites from what we’ve seen on other websites. While that WordPress template you posted may look similar to JA Hedera in some ways, they are not idential. I don’t think it’s beyond the scope of reasonability that the JA Developers take inspiration/ideas from other sites/designes they’ve seen throughout the web … so long, of couse, that there isn’t any copyright infringment or anything of the kind.

tanisha Friend

Thank you for your comments, but they haven’t answered my question. It doesn’t bother me that they may have used other designs and customized them. I just want to know..

mfcphil Friend

I think I did answer your question…Why would they copy something so bad??

Take that as a no 😉

bigrk Friend

Me too! Looks really similar so someone isn’t very original. Hate to say this but if JA got inspiration for the Hedera template from a WordPress theme than it wouldn’t be out of the realm to make a site look like CNN’s. I am curious also for JA’s take on this particular item.

Menalto Friend

It looks like a clone to me, but who came first? There is also a couple of other sites on the net that have an almost excact clone to Genista.

mfcphil Friend

now you have my attention

check here

even more

and here

mmmmmm

Check these Miccas

Menalto Friend

<blockquote> This theme was designed and built by Wonder themes
    The CSS, XHTML and design is released under GPL
    http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php</blockquote>http://wordpresssite.com/

tanisha Friend

Thank you Menalto, that is exactly my question.

Could someone from the JoomlArt team clarify this please? Who originally designed them? JoomlArt team or other than them??

mfcphil Friend

Tanisha I did look into it and I did as you see find more, but as you may understand its best left to others now….we are not allowed to going throwing stones for legal reasons.

Trust me on this one

TomC Moderator

Can someone tell me why any of this even matters ??

Michael Casha Friend

Looks to me like they’ve copied from US.. I can see a few transition bugs they have..

bigrk Friend

This is very wierd to have so many be so similar. Did we join the JA Copies Other Websites Templates Club or the JA Everybody Copies Our Websites Templates Club?? :confused:

TomC Moderator

So hey, go right ahead and use WordPress templates if you want.

This whole thread is kind of ridiculous – WHO CARES where JA gets its ideas/inspirations.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tanisha 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum