Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I am trying to publish these articles with the modules on the right, but I am having this error shown in the images… The module is assigned to the right position but it breaks below the content all messed up. (pic 1)

If I don’t assign the modules for that category menu, the articles display all messed up too like padding, not aligned etc (pic 2). I spent a few hours trying to solve this but still not working. All other menu categories are ok but when I try to create new ones have no success.

PS. I unpublished ja zin.

Any Help? Is it a bug?

gray Friend

Assign the module not to “right” but “col-mass1” postion. It would move it to the right side, if your template’s Default Layout is set to “default”.

You can set the Default Layout configuration to “3columns- classic”, and the “right” posion should be working OK.

meioaereo Friend

Hi gray, thanks for trying to help me but I didn’t explain correct..

The position is already set to “col-mass1”. So something is happening for that submenu… The position is correct and I tried “3columns- classic” but it is not the layout I am looking for.

Since the position for the module is set to col-mass1 and template is set to default, why do you think this might be happening?

Thanks

gray Friend

So, you’ve installed mod_jatab and assigned it to col-mass1 position.
    Than, you’ve used mod_jabulletin and assigned it to ja-tabs position.
    I am right?

PS. Here is help on JA Tabs, this is on JA Bulletin.

meioaereo Friend

Yes but actualy I used a quickstart. Everything came configured already. What I did was rename a few menus and submenus, created a few articles and assigned them. For all other menu everything works fine. Why is this happening to a few categories only?

gray Friend

<em>@meioaereo 160447 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes but actualy I used a quickstart. Everything came configured already. What I did was rename a few menus and submenus, created a few articles and assigned them. For all other menu everything works fine. Why is this happening to a few categories only?</blockquote>

Maybe because some modules are not assigned to these problematic categories. Check modules which in column “Pages” of Module Manager have “Varies” value.

micrantha Friend

Hello meioaereo

<blockquote>created a few articles and assigned them</blockquote>
    One reason if your issue could be that you created articles and pasted content in them directly from Word.
    It could be…..
    More examples on this forum of this source of problems…..

Regards,
    Micrantha

meioaereo Friend

<em>@micrantha 160455 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello meioaereo

One reason if your issue could be that you created articles and pasted content in them directly from Word.
    It could be…..

Regards,
    Micrantha</blockquote>
    Micrantha… When I first read your post I thought that didn’t make any sense at all because it sounded like so simple to be true… But actualy you saved my life.

You were right. I imported this text an cheked the code and there were a few “divs” and “em” conflicting with the real css I guess.

Thank You So Much

clampert Friend

meioaereo, try the JCE editor (it’s free). It does a good job at cleaning off the formating when you cut and paste from word, so you don’t have to do it manually.

meioaereo Friend

<em>@clampert 160494 wrote:</em><blockquote>meioaereo, try the JCE editor (it’s free). It does a good job at cleaning off the formating when you cut and paste from word, so you don’t have to do it manually.</blockquote>
    You are right. I am using JCE editr already. The problem was that I imported articles with more then one image in it and it needs to have some formating. I had to clean up DIV tags but for those simple articles I know I can use de “clean formating tool” in JCE.

Thank you very much and I hope that helps other people with same or similar issue.

logoteta Friend

<em>@micrantha 160455 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello meioaereo

It could be…..

Regards,
    Micrantha</blockquote>

Thanks Micrantha,

I too have had the same issue with Word.

Regards

madeline63 Friend

:confused:I am trying to publish a module (mod_bulletin) on the right in a categories, but it appear at the right bottom position where after whole content article.

i do try to locate it at col-mass1, but it take too wide space, which i don’t want.

and i not paste the article from word, but i do set my own <div><em> for articles.

attached an image here. anyone who have any idea for it will be much appreciated.

1. what-i-want
    micrantha Friend

Hello,
    Can you give a link to your site?
    Publishing the module in this position should be possible.
    Regards,
    Micrantha

madeline63 Friend

Dear micrantha,

HERE is my live site.

hope you can give some idea, on how to fix it…

it work well at firefox and safari, but NO for IE 8 when IE at 100% view,
    when i put IE as 125%, it works well…
    when IE at 150%, it not work again…

thank you

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  madeline63 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum