Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am building a new site using ja_magz and I have a problem with the first image in an article – it also shows above the article title. It is acting like an article link. I notice if I get rid of the first image in the article, where there is a 2nd image, that one is then being grabbed by some code and displaying above the title.

I’ve searched through the forums and found nothing that works to resolve this. All I want is an article title and images only in the article itself. Attached screenshot shows an example on the home page. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. dupimage
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI can you share your working site url here , so that i can take a look in your site issue .

jas2014 Friend

The test start url is http://www.demo.skullyscorner.com. Thank you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    it seems you using image in article as intro images and also in the content body .
    can you PM me your working site admin details , i will have a closer look on it .

ch2856 Friend

You probably immigrated from j1.5 so you have an image in the intro-text. This problem happen only with featured articles, all you have to do is to delete the image from the intro-text and upload an intro-image in the “images and links” tab of the article editor.

jas2014 Friend

As mentioned in my first post, this is a new site, so nothing to do with 1.5. This is in J3.2.7. I inserted the images thru the JCE editor in the desired spot. Even when I remove the first image temporarily, what was the 2nd image in the article ends up getting pulled up above the title/showing twice. There’s nothing set up as intro-text. You’re correct, it does only happen with featured articles. I think there might be a setting in the template code or elsewhere that I can’t find that is making this happen with ja_magz. I’ve worked alot with ja_university in J2.5 and I’ve never run into this problem.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    I checked your site and found your not using the standard options to insert images in the article .
    Please add images in article>>options>>images & link >> intro image and full article image
    >>> http://prntscr.com/556ty8
    This is the standard function used by core joomla and templates are designed by this functionality .
    Apply these changes . Let me know if still issue comes

jas2014 Friend

Thank you, I see how this works now. Kind of odd that in J2.5 we were still able to put pictures in articles without using the Images & Links tab. I removed the JCE editor images references, put 2 differnent pictures in via te Images and Links tab, one for the intro and one full-text and duplicates are no longer an issue. Something new learned here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jas2014 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum