Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m having a small issue. On my localhost I installed a quick install that contained the demo site and am using it as a template to understand how the site works, and on my live site I’m implementing items I want/trace from the demo. But I’ve hit a snag. I’m rather new to Joomla and I can’t seem to figure out how the demo site is doing this. The Category Blog has a template of Magazine, but the articles inside of it have a template that includes features like the breadcrumbs which seems to be coming from the default template. If you could explain how it’s doing this as well as how to implement it into my own site that would be great.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

Ja Teline_V category Blog page is using a specific customized layout for it ( xLayout-Blog)

So your Blog menu item should have that specific menu item type

HERE you can find details

Regards

alvarofontan Friend

I’m actually not looking at the Blog options. Using the demo site for Teline V. I’m looking at the Category Page for World, under world there are other categories such as Africa, Middle East, US Canada. The page for World is very different from the sub categories, and I was curious how that was determined. The articles seem to follow the same layout as the sub categories, but my sub categories are following what world looks like and not US Canada.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Menu item World is set as special page blank content using the Ja_Teline V-Magazine template style such style use 2 different layouts 1 for main page ( Ja-Magazine-Home) and another for the sublayouts or article pages ( Magazine)

1. screenshot_1475733976517
    alvarofontan Friend

Thank you! That helped immensely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alvarofontan 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum