Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

After update to Joomla 3.6.4 from 3.6.2 the article tabs are missing. (Same happened on update 362 to 363)

1. tabs
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Tim
    It seems there is something wrong when u updating your Joomla , maybe the update does not completed successfully . I suggest you to restore the site and try update on a test domain or local host , Also you can write the issue on Joomla forum , so someone from Joomla te will help you to check it.

timtecsa Friend
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @tim
    you can try this on you localhost :
    Download the fresh Joomla setup and install on local
    then check js file in /media/js/js folder and compare it with your site has problem , if you found files are missing , copy and reply them from your localhost Joomla .
    Let me know if it helps .

Take a backup of site before apply changes .

timtecsa Friend

I’ve done js files replacement and turned off 3rd party plugins etc etc but this site seems to be impossible to run properly. No tabs above Articles, Search Tools button inactive, But runs fine on Joomla 3.6.2. Joomla forum has little to say other the usual ‘Clear Cache 🙂

Any more thoughts. A rebuild from scratch is non-trivial 🙁

I forgot to mention that I put 2 restored sites http://gpmnews.com/mwinda/ and http://gpmnews.com/mwinda2/ and this is where I did the various fix attempts. same login The problems are only on the mwinda site (Joomla 3.6.5)

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    As you said its happened after Joomla i think there is problem when u update Joomla, you can try to replace the Joomla fils as suggested. Or perform the update again. I am not sure the exact issue since its related to core Joomla, I suggest you to share all details on Joomla forum, so you will get a better reply in this issue.
    Regards

timtecsa Friend

It’s weird. Even Extension > Installation page is blank. Akeebabackup doesn’t start. Error reporting – Development shows no errors.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I suggest you to restore site backup and post the issue on Joomla forum so u can get a fix of this bug. I only knows about the js folder fix, that helped some user for same issue.
    I
    Regards

timtecsa Friend

I even updated all core Joomla files manually and still no change.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    timtecsa Friend
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum