Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I click “News” from the main menu, the first article isn’t clickable. Also on the homepage, in the “top” position (right side) with “Headline Info” and “Emmanuel News Desk” shown, in Emmanuel News Desk, none of those articles are accessible/clickable.

Any idea how to correct. I need to work on the site to speed it up, too. I was told the images are too large, do I compress them for websites?

Thanks for any help. The site is: [here].

Take care,
    GeoVi

wiery Friend

Hi GeoVi,

Your article titles might not link because you probably don’t have the article’s advanced parameters set to enable title linkable on those specific articles. Check and see if they are or not.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@wiery 138077 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi GeoVi,

Your article titles might not link because you probably don’t have the article’s advanced parameters set to enable title linkable on those specific articles. Check and see if they are or not.</blockquote>

Hi wiery,

Thanks for replying. I almost added that to the post and should have. That’s not the problem. The older articles were clickable and used to work but stopped. To make sure, however, I made the Grad Class article’s title linkable and no change. I cleared the cache and refreshed, too.

You gave me an idea, though. I disabled one of the items in that mod position. No change. I moved Emmanuel News to another mod position and sure enough, the links work. I recall when building this site how sensitive the top mod position is, actually, all of them across the top.

This is my brother’s site, by the way. If my family paid me for websites, I’d make some serious money! :laugh:

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

wiery Friend

Glad you figured it out.

Building websites for your sister and your brother… Sounds like they are keeping you busy. I have siblings for clients too. They never seem to want to pay their invoices! But that’s probably because they never received them.

I know how you feel. 😉

GeoVi Friend

Thanks for the support!

I give you credit for referring to your siblings as “clients” even! Ha! Not mine!! 🙂 They’re grateful. I’d never charge them anyway. My brother’s first site was a Joomla site built by someone. I had to maintain it. That’s how I learned Joomla. They had an old template and J 1.5.3. The need for an upgrade produced JA Corona. I’m not satisfied with the logo and requested they get one professionally made but I believe they think I’m the professional. *grin* I do have an idea.

Be well and thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum