Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am having a wierd problem, my article pages do not show any content. I can see the header, breadcrumbs (which show the correct path) and the footer, nothing else.
    I poked around a bit and found that the articles’ pages are not using the template which I had set to default! I’m guessing its taking up the template set to the home page, since there is no component place there.

I also checked the menu, category, and article ids and all of them are correct.

Would really appreciate your help in this matter

Regards
    Pranav

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>I poked around a bit and found that the articles’ pages are not using the template which I had set to default! I’m guessing its taking up the template set to the home page, since there is no component place there.
    </blockquote>
    Please Re check The template you assigned for the Articles menu . Check it should contains the Component block (content block) . Without it Article content will not show . Apply the template style that will contain the Component Block .
    Currently Your site is showing article content but you need to check it after turn on SEF option from global configuration
    If you wish me to check it , PM me your working site admin details.

tekdinet Friend

Hi,
    I currently have two templates on the site, one is set for the Home page, while the other is set as default for the site.
    While the Home template does not have the content block, the Default template does. I rechecked the menu assignments as per your reply, but found no inconsistencies.
    I have sent you a PM with the site admin details, so that you can check if I’ve missed anything.

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Pranav
    Can you Recheck the site again , The url that you submitted is showing the content on your site .
    Here >>> http://prntscr.com/6d9tf1

tekdinet Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    I still cannot see the content on my end. Can you PM me the URL where you can see the content? or I’ll PM you the exact location where this problem is occuring.

Regards
    Pranav

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Pranav i check the url that you submitted for the JA staff . You can PM me the site menu url where you facing the issue .

tekdinet Friend

Hi Pankaj
    I have forwarded you the URL where I’m experiencing this issue.

Regards
    Pranav

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Can you Escalate my user account to Super user , or Turn on Search Engine Friendly url from Global configuration . so url can use the menu alias not system urls.
    Currently i don`t have permission to change settings .
    + I request you to Revert the custom changes if you have done in the template layout files .
    These problems comes due to wrong customization in layout files.
    I checked the issue with a fresh package but there is no such kind of problems .

tekdinet Friend

Hi guys,
    Any progress on this problem?

Regards
    Pranav

EDIT:
    Sorry Pankaj saw your post just after I posted mine…:-[

I have enabled the SEF URLs.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I was checking your site but its loading too slow on my side .
    I found you are running on Joomla3.4.1
    Template is not ready for this .
    For the issue can you revert your custom changes if you have done in the php fies .
    Or provide me credentials(super user details + FTP details) of Test copy of this site with Joomla 3.3.6 (compatible version with template )
    So that i can replace the php files with original files and debug the issue .
    I tried to re create the problem on fresh package but the issue is not there .
    Waiting for all details from your side .
    Regards
    Pankaj

tekdinet Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    Regarding the upgrade issue, I have been using this template for Joomla! 3.3.6, 3.4 & 3.4.1. The problem has been consistent through all these versions.
    I’ll try your suggestion of replacing the relevant php files with the original files and get back to you on that.

Meanwhile, will reinstalling the template be a good option to solve this problem?

Regards
    Pranav

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    send me your test site admin details and ftp details that is running on joomla3.3.6 .
    I will check debug the issue and let u know here .
    Template reinstall you can try but do no try it on live site .

tekdinet Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    Well, the problem was solved… Quite embarrassing actually.
    In the template layout options, I had set the sub-layout as ‘Home’, which does not have a content position.
    :-[

Thanks for all your help!:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tekdinet 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum