Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

How tough/how long do you think it would take me to fully configure a fairly small website using your JA Social theme?

I’ve slowly become used to how Joomla works, and with a few frustrations as to how Windows servers handle file permissions, have a basic but functional website running.

I would love to add social media functionality to this, but as a student with limited time, resources and willpower (lol) it seems to be a little beyond my grasp.

Also, would you consider a discount on a one-off template for a student society? We don’t have sponsorship from our students union or from other corporate firms at the moment, but provide a great service for our member base with workshops and events based around improving employability for graduates. We would naturally be happy to provide an advertising block or space for JoomlArt

Thanks,

Aman

TomC Moderator

Greetings Aman:

I don’t know how much you already know about web development (i.e. CSS, PHP, Javascript, etc.) – but coming from someone who is NOT a web developer by any stretch of the imagination, I can tell you that working with Joomla templates is not only relatively simple (depending on the level of modification/customization you want to accomplish), but rewarding in terms of how much I have learned over the last 3.5 years.

Further, I can testify from personal experience time and time again that the help, guidance and assistance I have received from not only the JA Staff, but the JA Community has been INSTRUMENTAL in my personal education and development in working with Joomla based websites.

I chose to work with (and stick with) Joomla not only for the templates that are available, but also due to the VAST (and ever-growing) array of extensions available that literally allow you to accomplish just about ANYTHING you could possibly want to accomplish on a website – be it ecommerce, social networking, music libraries, membership sites, etc. Take a look for yourself when you have time–> http://extensions.joomla.org/

Lastly – but certainly not least – in my opinion, JoomlART offers one of the best and most diverse libraries of templates anywhere on the web. Add to that the vast community of members you have to learn from (through their own developmental journeys), as well as an ever-growing list of customized tutorials (for members) – most written/offered by JA Community Members themselves (including one or two from yours’ truly) . 😎

As for your question regarding student discounts and/or sponsorships, I’ll have to defer to the JA Membership Staff to address those kinds of issues.

Hope to see you as a welcome addition to the JA Community soon !!

GOOD LUCK !!!

TOM

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Aman,

At the moment, i am afraid that we do not have any policy applied for a student society. However, we have promotion program via facebook for all membership packages: http://www.facebook.com/joomlart?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts with 15% OFF.

More info, if you buy new, renew or upgrade during 10-24/Dec/2010, you can enjoy special promotion gifts detailed via: http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/santa-brings-some-gifts-to-joomlart-folks.

annette73lode Friend

Looks great.I am a complete Joomla newbie and a community is most welcome;) I am streaming thru this Forum for good info and i have no dubt that Joomla is the right theme for my business.I have only Worked with WordPress befor and it got kinda boring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  annette73lode 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum