Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

When is the August template being released please?

I have seen news on Mona2 which is a July template, but nothing on the August template.

Thank you

Thread posted: Aug 3, 12.11pm uk

hanifahmed Friend

Don’t worry about it, some months we have a preview some we don’t – but we always have a template.

munders Friend

Previews help because they tell me whether to wait for that template release or not, when building a client’s new website

scotty Friend

Can’t you just pick one from the 65 other templates? These threads every month are bloody ridiculous! Mods please lock.

TomC Moderator

munders;139143Previews help because they tell me whether to wait for that template release or not, when building a client’s new website

With that kind of thinking, you’ll be keeping your clients waiting month after month.
    Scotty is correct.

hanifahmed Friend

munders;139161Such a pleasant forum this. I ask a simple question and that’s the reply I get. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Don’t take it personally. We literally get tonnes of similar threads every month asking the same thing or a variation of the same thing.

We’ve also had a lot of spammers recently.

So I hope you understand why some of us are on edge.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@munders 139137 wrote:</em><blockquote>When is the August template being released please?

I have seen news on Mona2 which is a July template, but nothing on the August template.

Thank you

Thread posted: Aug 3, 12.11pm uk</blockquote>

Hung has stated that the August Demo will be on display this week….don’t panic if it is a couple of days late.

Sorry I can not tell you what type of template it will be this month…we are very hopeful that the one template per month decision will bring some great new ideas. 😉

munders Friend

Thank you Mcphil, a respectable answer.

antoniu1 Friend

I am wondering if the next template will include at least some of the many new possibilities that other clubs have provided? I am talking sublines, gzip compression, header icons, blog component integration, custom modules, flexible module positions, flexible widths and margins for columns, SEO structure, etc, etc? There are many new developments that I see appear elsewhere that I would have expected to show up here also or even first.

And Scotty, in itself your response is right, why not pick any of those 64 other templates. However, as new techniques are being added to new templates with most clubs, it would be wiser to choose the new templates. For example, do most of the older – or any – JA templates support GZIP compression? Or any of the other new possibilities? 😉

But I do agree you don’t let clients wait just to see if there is a usable template coming up. 🙂

Cheers,
    Tom

jay973 Friend

For many, there’s a lot riding on this Template. The first of the “one per month” will give us an idea of what we can expect so I personally don’t mind waiting a few more days. Take your time Hung, no pressure……;)

Cheers,

J.

jjprofits5 Friend

We just need patience for the August template..

TomC Moderator

jay973;139200For many, there’s a lot riding on this Template. The first of the “one per month” will give us an idea of what we can expect so I personally don’t mind waiting a few more days. Take your time Hung, no pressure……;)

Remember, also . . it could be released at the end of August

antoniu1 Friend

Hey guys,

Hope you’re not talking to me? Because I don’t care when the template comes at all. 🙂

I AM interested in what I wrote about though. Any ideas there? Hung, what can we expect for the future?

Thanks,
    Tom

SP Media Friend

GZIP compression is a server-side process? The current templates just re-use the same features over and over, so do agree with that. Strangely, even when tag clouds are used, they’re just static html block modules.

Hung did say we’re looking at a fresh return. Fingers crossed. 🙂

scotty Friend

Antoniu, I completely agree! With other clubs releasing such template tools as ‘Warp5’ and ‘Morph’, unless Joomlart follow suit they are going to be left behind.

I think the latest release is dire! Zero styling except a (gimmicky) picture positioned at bottom left and a horizontal line stuck under every title. Is this template going to attract new business to JA? I doubt it.

I think JA have taken their ‘bare bones’ styling as far as they can take it and it’s now time to further enhance templates by utilising mootools etc. much more. Yes I know load speed and the light weight design of JA templates is a ‘feature’ but with modern browsers, faster connections, and better coding options I think JA should really be developing templates to a higher level.

Members have very high expectations for the August release. I just hope JA deliver. I don’t think they realise the consequences if it’s another mediocre template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  antoniu1 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum