Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My web look greats, but I was shocked got the Poor score in PageSpeed Insights.
    The problems is the page size is too big cause of image file in homepage.
    How to automatically create image thumb for image in the homepage, so can reduced the page size.

1. thumb
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems that the images are a bit heavy, you can search for tool to help to compress & resize images.

Regards

danar Friend

I was optimized the image before uploaded. So they have the best size for web.
    But in the homepage, each article in the featured news [style-1] have 3 new image size :

1. image for Leading Articles
    2. image for Intro Articles
    3. image for Link Items

It ‘s would be greats if can automatically create thumb for 3 new image size in the homepage.
    So, what’s tool do you remommended for it?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

In Joomla, each article has option to add intro image and fulltext image. This module will use the intro images set in Images&Links section in backend of each article, you can optimize this image for each article first.

danar Friend

I have solutions from here
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-teline-v/how-to
    Section : Image Optimization

But I got new problem :
    My big image original size
    Dimension : 800px X 400px
    Size : 45.2 KB

My new generated image Size
    Dimension : 786px X 393px
    Size : 201 KB

I have solution about image dimension but got new problem in image optimization.
    Please help.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I realize that this JA ACM – new featured module is loading the big image, you can change to make it loads small image instead:

• Go to file: [root]/templates/ja_teline_v/acm/news-featured/tmpl/style-1.php
    • Then change the ‘big’ image to ‘medium’ or ‘small’ image: http://prntscr.com/fph3yt
    danar Friend

hi, that script handle image dimension, so the leading article should be "big"
    In featured style-1 ACM, EVERY Article can REORDER when new article come, so every article have 3 position with their own image dimension

image for Leading Articles should be "big"
    image for Intro Articles should be "medium"
    image for Link Items should be "small"

1. big-image
    Saguaros Moderator

It’s default dimension in this JA ACM New Featured module. The leading item will have big image, featured list will have medium and small for the links item on the right side.

danar Friend

Yes, there is no problem with dimension.
    The problem is about SIZE of new image created by [this solutions].(https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-teline-v/how-to)

The new image created have more SIZE, though the dimension is smaller

Saguaros Moderator

Could you zip the image which you used and send to me? I will try to check in my local and see how it goes.

danar Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

I see your point, I will pass to the team for further improvement for this generated tool.

danar Friend

I think it’s a big bug, that contribute to the page size obesity. It’s bad for SEO.
    Ok, I am waiting the improvement for the up coming update.
    Thanks very much

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  danar 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum