Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am rebuilding my webite using Joomla! 3.3.4 and JA University template with T3 framework. To fit my graphic requirements I made some changes in the CSS of the template and I am going to make some changes in the CSS of the modules.

What I would like to know is how to avoid CSS modifications deletions on template and modules updates. Do the template and the modules from Joomlart support CSS overrides? If yes, which files should I modify and which one should I leave unmodified?

Please tell me if you have any documentation regarding these questions.

Regards

TomC Moderator

Quite simply, you use the “custom.css” method —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css

TomC Moderator

Quite simply, you use the “custom.css” method —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css

aalisg Friend

Hello and thank you for your reply,

That is exactly what I needed.

Regards

aalisg Friend

Hello and thank you for your reply,

Regards

TomC Moderator

<em>@aalisg 489107 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello and thank you for your reply,

Regards</blockquote>

Happy to be of assistance . . . All the best with your continuing site development !! 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@aalisg 489107 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello and thank you for your reply,

Regards</blockquote>

Happy to be of assistance . . . All the best with your continuing site development !! 🙂

muthumbi Friend

<em>@TomC 489101 wrote:</em><blockquote>Quite simply, you use the “custom.css” method —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css</blockquote>

are there instances where custom css does not work coz i have tried this. it works in some edits and others it does not. I hav the same problem. infact i was working on a folder and when i switched to a domain the changes were all lost. Thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@muthumbi 490030 wrote:</em><blockquote>are there instances where custom css does not work coz i have tried this. it works in some edits and others it does not. I hav the same problem. infact i was working on a folder and when i switched to a domain the changes were all lost. Thanks.</blockquote>

Yes, there are times when custom.css does not work – such as for specific component css and specific color theme css … in which case you need to identify the correct file path for the specific css element you’re wanting to modify.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum