Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello all. Hope someone can help. How can I disable background image in JA Fixel?
    Cheers
    Halldor

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@ekaup 425534 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello all. Hope someone can help. How can I disable background image in JA Fixel?
    Cheers
    Halldor</blockquote>

on your site you can change it from templates/ja_fixel/images/themes/blue/body.gif
    Hope it helps

ekaup Friend

Thanks pankajsharma. I do not think this will cut it. I can change the image but what I want is to just have no image. It slows down the download time. I am trying to optimize so the site will load faster.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@ekaup 425554 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks pankajsharma. I do not think this will cut it. I can change the image but what I want is to just have no image. It slows down the download time. I am trying to optimize so the site will load faster.</blockquote>
    need to closer look into the css for removing it permanently 🙂
    or you can add this code in by creating the custom.css file in template/custom.css

body, .fixel-grid, #fixel-placeholder {
    background-image: none;
    }

@ekaup can you PM me the admin credentials of your site .

TomC Moderator

<em>@ekaup 425554 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks pankajsharma. I do not think this will cut it. I can change the image but what I want is to just have no image. It slows down the download time. I am trying to optimize so the site will load faster.</blockquote>

To which background image are you referring?

If you are referring to the grey pattern background surrounding the main content area of your site,
    here is what you can try . . . .

If you haven’t done so already, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_fixel/css

Within that new file, place the following CSS rule:

body, .fixel-grid, #fixel-placeholder {
    background-image: none;

}

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

You should now only be left with a grey background color – which is merely a CSS color hex code and not an actual image.

Does this help ??

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI @ekaup
    As i can see the slow loading of your site is not only coming from the background gray image , Also there are some images (large size ) makes the page heavy and some external javascripts .
    I saw you are using an old version of T3 framwork plugin.
    I recommand you to update it .
    In the updates version you can edit the php/css and .less file from the template options as well as you can compress the java script files .
    here is the an report of your site home page .

You can decrease the page size/load time by the updated t3 .
    I also request you to use compressed jpg images to decrease the page size .
    here are some online image compression tool
    1. link
    2. link
    Please take a backup of your site before updating the T3 plugin or doing any custom changes .

Hope it helps

ekaup Friend

Thanks Tom. This helps. It cuts the downloald time from 7.56 sec to 4.09. I still have a long download time though. Would like to cut it down more.
    This css file is taking a long time: css-bcc50.css don´t know what this one does.
    Should I replace all the png images with jpeg or something else?
    Thanks so much Tom. You are always on the spot 🙂
    Halldor

TomC Moderator

<em>@ekaup 425617 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom. This helps. It cuts the downloald time from 7.56 sec to 4.09. I still have a long download time though. Would like to cut it down more.
    This css file is taking a long time: css-bcc50.css don´t know what this one does.

Thanks so much Tom. You are always on the spot 🙂
    Halldor</blockquote>

Halidor . . . . to better identify that particular CSS file/rule, temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No/Off” within your Template Manager–General settings . . . and then look again.

(I assume you’re using an online web development tool – such as FIREBUG – to identify CSS within your site – yes??)

ekaup Friend

Hey pankajsharma, thanks for your time. I know the images are taking a long time to download.
    There is a problem when I try to update the T3. “Unknown Archive type
    Update path does not exist”. Do you know what could be the problem?
    Cheers
    Halldor

ekaup Friend

To be honest Tom I have not used it. But I am going to watch the video and learn. I will get back to you. Thanks alot.
    cheers
    Halldor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ekaup 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum