Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

For this template, is it possible to have a wider background image and not break the template?
    On a 24″ monitor, the background image repeats and looks bad.
    Is there code to make the image not repeat? or can I just stick a larger image in there?

anisjolly Friend

you should be able to just edit the bg image yourself in photoshop and make it wider.

Once you’ve done that – upload it (and if need be change the relevant css code) and you should be fine.

bennitos Friend

It is also possible to change the code so that the image wont repeat itself. Make the borders of your background blend in with the global background colour and that should also look ok.

Now when someone has a even bigger screen you will have the same problem.

Paul Wallen Friend

Could anyone provide the code for me to change the background to not repeat?

I’m not that good with css.

sunrise Friend

Depending on the picture you want, you could also make it a gradient at the sides going to white or whatever color you want, and make that wide as you wish wihout making the file size that much bigger. Adding an inch or two of plain color on either side won’t make too much of a difference on the file size I think. Size does matter you know. :D:D

supersplet Friend

If you want to make backgorund no-repeat, open template.css

and change
    body#bd {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    background-color: #333333;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center top;
    }

to
    body#bd {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    background-color: #333333;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center top;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

I used this and it’s much better. I also added fade out to the background picture on left, right and bottom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  supersplet 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum