Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

How can I make the background image expand completely to cover the screen?
    (*see attachment for clarification)

The template expands perfectly when using Internet Explorer, but when Firefox/Safari/Chrome is used, the background image does not expand completely.
    (*This only happens when the page content is short.)

Thank you.

1. background-problem
    Sherlock Friend

Hi Sobe,

Could you please kindly posting your url here for a further checking ?

sobe Friend

Hello dathq,
    The url is http://sofi-ventures.com/
    Thanks for helping

Sherlock Friend

Hi Sobe,

Do you mind posting here again your attachment file ? I just checked your site but it is hard to see the issue !

sobe Friend

Here’s the image.
    The space which I’m referring to is marked by the vertical red line.
    Thanks again for your help.

1. background-problem
    Manos Moderator

If you put some content on the page it won’t be small, that’s because the repeat is just down the footer pos

sobe Friend

<em>@pascm 184338 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you put some content on the page it won’t be small, that’s because the repeat is just down the footer pos</blockquote>

Thanks for the suggestion pascm, but that solution is not very satisfactory. There are some pages (ex: login, contact, and others) which the content is small. I’ve noticed that on Internet Explorer, the background image extends completely (so it’s possible); is there not a way to edit the html or CSS to make the background fully-extend using other browsers are well?

Thank you

Manos Moderator

You can try by adding on the /templates/ja_corona/css/template.css in the body{ } section the line min-height:800px; before the } tag

Explain better

Find in /templates/ja_corona/css/template.css

The
    body {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    color: #333333;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
    line-height: 1.6;
    }

and change it to

body {
    min-height:800px;
    }

sobe Friend

Thank you, that was helpful.
    Instead of writing 800px, is there a way to make the background auto-fit the screen?

uniquebiz Friend

put min-height:97%
    as the min height property allows percentage of block

Property Values

Value Description length Defines the minimum height in px, cm, etc.
    % Defines the minimum height in percent of the containing block
    inherit Specifies that the value of the min-height property should be inherited from the parent element
    Blessings Shannon

sobe Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 184644 wrote:</em><blockquote>put min-height:97%
    as the min height property allows percentage of block

Property Values

Value Description length Defines the minimum height in px, cm, etc.
    % Defines the minimum height in percent of the containing block
    inherit Specifies that the value of the min-height property should be inherited from the parent element
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

Hi Shannon,
    Thanks for the suggestion, but putting 97% didn’t seem to work. The background is just as short as before. Any reason why the number is 97?

This is what is written:
    body {
    min-height: 97%;
    }

sobe Friend

Hi dathq,
    It’s seems this thread has lost momentum. Have you come up with any solutions?
    I tried using the “min-height: 800px” and the “97%” suggestions but none seem to be fully satisfactory.

Is there no way to make the background image auto-fit the screen?

Thanks

uniquebiz Friend

Sobe
    the 97 is a popular size when trying to use an auto resize, Ja uses it a lot for auto width as it stays within the maximum possible, and seems to be the equivelent to a std fully opened browser window without doing the forced open to 100% f11.

I’m pushed for time, but as I answered your post don’t want to ‘abandon you’ 🙂
    here’s some interesting info on max height etc that may give you some clues,
    http://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_dimension.asp
    Blessings Shannon

sobe Friend

Hi Shannon,
    Thanks again for your continued assistance. I’ve thoroughly explored the link you sent, and wrote and re-wrote the CSS is a variety of ways. The only time I’ve been able to create an actual change is when using Value Descriptions (px, etc); which is static and not automatic. However, when I use percentages (%) nothing happens. No matter the value it always goes back to the default size.

In an earlier message I wrote the exact CSS I was using. Shouldn’t that have worked? Is there something missing? Or is there something else about the Corona template that needs looking into?

Thank you

Manos Moderator

In this case i might take under consideration to remove the bottom img.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum