Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I installed JA Nickel without any hassles at all on Joomla 1.5.8, the template is wonderful and works like a charm. However, I don’t seem to get the banners module to work, and no banner is being displayed anywhere. Also, I can confirm the problem with accent characters and even the normal apostrophe – the “Who’s Online” module will display correctly until the site’s layout is loaded, then it will display as “Whos Online”

Regards

Anonymous Moderator

Hi midi,

It is very strangle. If possible, please send me your live url, admin account via PM, so that i could have closer look on the issue.

Css Magician Friend

Hi midi,

I knonw problem with accent characters and even the normal apostrophe in Nickel. Because this template use Neosans font, but it don’t support some characters. You can look at line 32 in templatesja_nickelindex.php and remove some code :

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/cufon.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/NeoSans_400.font.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    Cufon.replace('.componentheading, .contentheading, div.moduletable h3, div.moduletable_menu h3, div.moduletable_text h3,div.moduletable_highlight h3', { fontFamily: 'NeoSans' });
    </script>

midi Friend

Hi,

banners show up in user3 (which is also the normal footer location), but not in the normal banners location (i.e. at the end of frontpage articles).

nzlat Friend

<em>@duchh 121711 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi midi,

I knonw problem with accent characters and even the normal apostrophe in Nickel. Because this template use Neosans font, but it don’t support some characters. You can look at line 32 in templatesja_nickelindex.php and remove some code :

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/cufon.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/NeoSans_400.font.js"></script>
    Cufon.replace('.componentheading, .contentheading, div.moduletable h3, div.moduletable_menu h3, div.moduletable_text h3,div.moduletable_highlight h3', { fontFamily: 'NeoSans' });
    </script>

</blockquote>
    Hi there, I’m trying to get my article titles to show apostrophes (http://ppdafrica.org/joomla/index.php/en/programs/goodpractices/49-ugandaparliament). What changes am I supposed to make to the index.php? My index.php file currently looks identical to the code you have pasted here, am I supposed to make a change?

Thank you!

ukfraternite Friend

<em>@duchh 121711 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi midi,

You can look at line 32 in templatesja_nickelindex.php and remove some code :

</script>

</blockquote>

this post is very vague. What does it mean by remove some code. I have the same problem and I don’t know what to do. When I send items in French, it omits all apostrophees and letters with accents, like fincĂ© will be fianc and SantĂ© becomes Sant.

Please help.

I tried cufon but I could not understand how to use it. I am using many fonts.

sugiarto Friend

Hi midi,

There is another way to do that
    1) Go to Template Manager
    2) Disable Parameter Enable Cufon in JA Nickle

That’s all.

Regards
    Sugiarto.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sugiarto 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum