Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’d like to put the following text at the bottom of every page of my site. Is it best to put this in a module, or modify the php directly?

I know HTML, barely know php though, so forgive me if this is just a stupid “dude, put that in the bottom of the footer.php file” type question.

What I want to put:

“Use of this site is subject to express <a href=”….>Terms of Service</a>. By continuing past this page you agree to abide by these terms.”

The only way I know how to do a hyperlink is via that <a> tag, and before I mess up my pretty site that i just spent 3 weeks building cuz I still don’t really know PHP, I’m hoping to get some guidance from those smarter than I.

Grazie.

TomC Moderator

I suppose it depends on which template you are using as to which would look best.

For example, for the new LARIX, I would suggest editing/adding to the existing text within the footer section.
    Again, for other templates, it may look better if you put the disclaimer in it’s own module position.

Which template are you using?

vivekb Friend

Thank you for your quick response.

I’m using JA Teline. The sitename is RockridgeResidents.org. There’s a footer.php with the Joomla stuff in it, I could replace that with my legal disclaimer link. I’ve never done anything like that, so I guess it was just more reassurance that the site wouldn’t melt down or have other issues if I mucked with the footer.php file.

Oy, i’ve spent 2 hours and $100 on an allbusiness.com business pack for my free/non-profit HOA website. What a bummer to have to spend time thinking about this.

Michael Casha Friend

<a href=”http://www.yoursite.com”>Your Site</a> should be fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum