Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I wish to god I’d never got involved with this company – support and help has been appalling
    Jim

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Jim,

I’ve just went through your posting history and your last post prior to this was from one month ago. Currently you also have no open topic with pending questions.

Could you help to clarify the problems you have with our support? If you have questions then we are here to provide answers. You can simply post the details of your issues, our support team is always ready to assist.

alikhlaas Friend

I think the support is brilliant.

topflat84 Friend

I paid my £80 subscription and feel that entitled me to some sort of support. Asking support for help, I get referred to the forum, although at one point I was given a walk thru.
    Here is my issue:
    I get messages about updates to modules[usually the same 6 items that come up]. The walk thru I was given directs me to the joomlart website and the specific template, to see if there are new updates. Since I’ve never seen an update on joomlart, I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

With other templates, if there is an update, you click the iten and update – no going elsewhere.

I’m not looking for one to one support, but if joomlart are selling products then they should make sure customers are happy, not simply point them to a forum where(and I mean no disrespect to forum users) maybe another customer can help.
    guess I just have to write my money off as a lesson learned – at some point I’ll change my template to something I can work with.
    Sorry, I’m just not getting my head round this template. You Know I’m still using an early version of Teline on a Joomla 1.5 website andit runs fine
    Jim

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Jim,

The forum users are encouraged to join the discussions, however we do not depend on users to solve issues for other users. Our support team moderates the forum closely and the questions are always replied by members of support team. You can trust to post questions in this forum, they will definitely be answered.

Regarding your extension update issue, it’s easy to solve if you have our JA Extension Manager component installed . Here’s a guide : https://www.joomlart.com/update-steps .

When you login to your Joomla admin back-end, Joomla should give you a notice for new update. Then you can proceed to enter JA Extension Manager, find the extension by filter, click Check Update to see if there’s any available.

topflat84 Friend

First problem is, when I login, sometimes there is a message ‘x updates’. If I view updates I see the same 6 updates I got when I first installed.
    If I go to JA Extension Manager, find the module, I get this message
    ‘Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Wrong username and password. Login failed! Please try again’

Now what?
    Jim

Anonymous Moderator

‘Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Wrong username and password. Login failed! Please try again’

In the backend proceed to Components → JA Extension Manager then select Service Manager, now set JoomlArt as your default service. Next, hit the "Edit" button then add your JoomlArt’s Username and Password.
    Now you should be able to update with no error.

topflat84 Friend

I login into the extension manager, have to add password each time
    seach for – Facebook like box – no data found
    can’t get rid of the search terms in the filter so have to navigate away and come back, it may have cleared it may not – have to add password again

On a + when I first go into Joomla, it now tells me only 3 updates required, not 6, but it shows me four go into extensions manager, add password, again! the filter is as much use as a chocolate chisel and I can’t clear previous text

Anonymous Moderator

I login into the extension manager, have to add password each time

Actually you only need to add password once, the manager should save your password automatically.

Anyway, you can provide us your site url + site admin login + Joomlart account password via Private Reply here, we will go to your site and check the JA Extension Manager for you. We will even record video of our process if you require it.

topflat84 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous Moderator

@topflat84 pls check your email inbox, I sent you the video there as I figured you don’t want other forum users to be able to see your site .

topflat84 Friend

appreciate what you have done. Will check if password is saved later
    Thank you again for your patience
    Jim

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  topflat84 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum