Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have Joomla Application installed on Godaddy Linux hosting 3.1, previously tried 3.3 .. Installed the JA Lens template 3 ( although it looks installed as a 2.5) Also installed all components and plugins. When selecting the JA Lens template as the default, my home page is blank with no errors. Should I have only installed Joomla 2.5 ? This is the first time I used the Joomla application installer from Godaddy first. Any of the other templates displayed perfectly.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I could not access back-end of your site with username/password included on thread. You can pm me admin login back-end of your site and FTP account. I will help you to check it

abrescia Friend

Doing a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.0 allowed the template to work but any upgrades went back to the same behavior. I have now started fresh again with 3.3.6 install , uploaded JA Lens templete and all components and plugins. After selecting JALENS as the default template the site page is back to blank.

Also discovered that certain admin functions were not saving when using Firefox but they were in IE ?! Still no sucess in getting page to display. View Source gives me this.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=”Content-Type”
    content=”text/html; charset=windows-1252″></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>

Ninja Lead Moderator

I fixed the problem directly on your site with solution below

Open /templates/ja_lens/index.php file

Find and change

require_once dirname(__FILE__).DS.'template_tools.php';

To

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/template_tools.php';

abrescia Friend

Thanks for the fix, you are the master !!

For future reference, if I am attempting to do a clone of the demo site JALens, can I now just FTP the quick start files and overwrite the existing html public folder ? Or is it recommended to go through each module, component and make the correct changes for pages menus etc?

Update, I realized that at this point I should have used the quick start package at the beginning and now have to make all changes by hand. Since the guide is available I will follow that.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@abrescia: You can use Akeebabackup for joomla to make a clone site from your site all modules, components and configures.

This bug will be fixed and released in upcoming version of JA Lens template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum